Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Picked up a BIG TIME rookie today!

Was outside with my 20 month old today and he LOVES hitting the ball (and then running the bases).

Got some pictures and made some quick custom cards on the Topps site. I'll be slabbing these when I get a chance. Love the way they turned out.

I think he might be a baseball player image

Comments

• awesome

you need to get one auto'd in red ink 1 of 1
  • Thats pretty awesome!!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    AWESOME! Enjoy every minute with your son.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool! I like the '81 design. I always dreamed of having my own card when I was a kid. Today's technology is great in that it's so easy to create these now. When we were kids, we needed a printing press. LOL
  • CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    Looks like he likes the ball up in the strike zone!
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Too cool!! Enjoy all the time you can with him while he's little, they grow up fast!! Too fast.
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    that was a great idea to get him to sign one.
    psa will slab? thats an awesome idea

congrats
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    81 style fits perfect for that too!!
  • JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice form. Head down eye on the ball. A star in the making.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's really cool Patrick. Those are the best times. image
    Mike
  • I like the fact that he can hit for power with the rarely used inverted grip!

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cool! I like the '81 design. I always dreamed of having my own card when I was a kid. Today's technology is great in that it's so easy to create these now. When we were kids, we needed a printing press. LOL >>

I remember cutting cards up and rearranging letters to spell out my name, then gluing them onto a card of Gretzky. I have some of my real hockey cards that were made by photographers from shots taken on photo-day, but nothing fancy like these Topps cards. Man, I would have loved it. Maybe I should make some using my old photos.....hmmm.

I am going to get him to sign one, lol.

Thanks everyone for the kind words image
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe I should make some using my old photos.....hmmm.
    >>

If I did that, it would look like one of the 1976 Topps baseball All Time All Star cards. image
  • totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 924 ✭✭✭
    Love em, that second one is really great. Love the idea of having him sign it. My wife and I are planning on stepping up to the plate soon.
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Fantastic RC! PM sent
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    Great looking swing! Good job Patrick.
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    A huge "Thank You" to Patrick for sharing the link with me. Here is my son Gehrig's 1976 card showing him jumping over a base hit.

"A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaHa awesome stuff!
  • mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    That photo is just begging to be a 1973 Topps cards!

<< <i>A huge "Thank You" to Patrick for sharing the link with me. Here is my son Gehrig's 1976 card showing him jumping over a base hit.

image >>

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A huge "Thank You" to Patrick for sharing the link with me. Here is my son Gehrig's 1976 card showing him jumping over a base hit.

>>

You're very welcome and that card turned out great!
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Simply awesome image