Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

NEWP: Philip I Tetradrachm

As per usual (again) please excuse the photos. I really do try, by the way. I get frustrated and give up on pictures. I know at some point I will have to redo them all so these are just for some showing rights for right now.

This is another great coin that I got from Bronzemat who is slowly but surely incorporating me like the Borg in Star Trek into buying more provincials. It is working.

Comments

• good looking provincial here, I like when the inscriptions are easy to read
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Yes, this coin was from Bronzemat. I typically look over the provincials but pass on a lot of them because the inscriptions are kind of brutal and they are too expensive for the nicer ones. This picture does no justice to the coin and it is really nice in hand.
  • I'm not a professional but if you trusted me I'd take some better images of your coins, or at least some of them (I don't know how many you have)

I have a nice camera

https://collectivecoin.com/NiceCurrency
    NiceCurrency: I like that idea. We will have to talk about that somewhere down the line. I am for right now just trying to have a picture for you guys and one in the case of a fire/robbery or I croak for insurance purposes. My thread from a month or so ago about creating a electronic record system with pics is still very much alive and when that happens I will want to take pictures that do not suck. I think I can trust you. Probably more trust there than people at work that I see every day.
  • feel free to talk to lordM via PM about our dealings and trusting eachother image
    Nice, Will do. I wouldn't even know where to begin though.
    Okay, so in the interest of being friendly to the folks who have taken the time to look at my crappy pictures, I hereby post slightly less crappy pictures for your enjoyment.

I really have a hard time with the bigger bronzes. I don't know why I can not get them to focus correctly, even trying both loupe and lower power lens and naked camera lens. So, about as good as they are going to get.