Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

It's been 3 years, calling out Pack Geek

Hello Big80's (Jeff)

I know I don't know you personally. I also know that life moves pretty fast sometimes, and tends to get in the way. But do you expect me to believe that you haven't stone cold busted some wax in 3 years?!

I will add that I believe I discovered your site before this board. Watching your wonderful videos directly helped to reignite a long lost passion of collecting these so called little pieces of cardboard with pictures of grown men on them, and specifically, reopening the issues of my youth.

So with all due understanding, I ask you.... Will there be any more cha-chings or inquisitive "Oooo"s in our future?
Please tell me quickly, I can take it. Besides, we'll always have the back to back Rice's image

But seriously, a very belated thanks for your contributions in getting me back into this great hobby of ours!

Scott

Comments

• Options
    curchcurch Posts: 590 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I must have watched all the packgeek videos 5 times each. They inspired me to do my own. I don't have all the cool sounds, but I have fun doing it?

ripping with curch
    Always looking for vintage wax boxes!
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    I have been adding some more pack rips as well and plan to do some vintage and other stuff.

BenG76TTM
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pack Geek was the bomb!!! Vintage 1960s, 1970s, Topps, OPC, you name it! And the sound effects were awesome!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I do admit I cringed when Jeff ripped that 77 rack with Sutter RC on top, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭
    Will definitely check out you guys' rips!

You said it, Tim!

I guess its strange that back then I didn't think a thing about the Sutter or opening any star on top racks for that matter!
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I actually blackmailed Jeff and made sure he would never harm a defenseless pack again. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    You guys are the best! I'm flattered that anyone still remembers these videos. With the surge in pack prices over the past several years - it got tough to justify the fun. I am excited, however, to know I've had a hand in inspiring some other pack rippers to make their own rip videos. I work in video production, so the last that thing on my mind most evenings is filming myself opening sports cards. But with that said - I hate to let down my fellow CU board members. So if I can convince Tim & Mike to donate some beautiful 70's wax, or even a lonely cello with a slightly popped seal - I will honor this forum once again with a sacrifice to the cardboard gods.

Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    How bout a link to these videos?
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How bout a link to these videos? >>

Here is one of his videos that will get to others!!

LINKY
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Here's a link to the website, as well - all of the videos can be found there: PackGeek.com
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    How did I ever miss those..awesome!!! Love the 86 football.
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd