Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Recent pickup... 1954 Ted Williams

I absolutely LOVE this PSA 1! Card is beautiful except for tiny pinhole above the "d" in outfield. Eye appeal on thie card is fantastic. Opinions? Compared to all the other PSA 1's I have see of this card, this one trumps all of them.

-Claude

Comments

• Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Great card Claude!
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be hard to be that PSA 1 Ted Williams. Nice score. Where did you get it? Ebay or some place else?
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Pinholes should be qualifiers (PSA 7 PH).
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding snag. One of my favorite cards of All-Time. Definitely on my Top 100 List. Classic.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Sweet looking "1" Congrats!

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Gotta LOVE cards with pinholes. IMO, pinholes are a card collectors best friend! AWESOME CARD! AMAZING COLOR.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    Picked it up on the Net54 boards...paid $135 and feel it was a good deal at that price for all the great attributes of the card. .... too bad PSA didn't have a PH qualifier! image
  • Options

<< <i>paid $135 >>

Thing looks pack fresh! Those colors are so vivid...Congrats!!
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Best looking pinhole card I have ever saw! Nice scan too. My pin hole cards also happen to look like WC's(wallet card),BS(bicycle spokes) and games my brother and I made up(crap).
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stunning card, those '54 Ted Williams are absolutely awesome, the only other Teddy Ballgame that comes close is the Wilsons Franks card.
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    That is the nicest looking "1" I have seen...great pick-up!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful card. Love both of his cards in that set. Amazing color.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome card! There are definitely some great deals to be had on cards with outstanding eye appeal and a minor, fatal flaw like a surface wrinkle or this pinhole. The only problem is these examples are so hard to come by. A great find!
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, that may be the best psa 1 I've seen. Beauty.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya did good Claude - that's a beauty!
    Mike
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    sweet! now i want one
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    That is a great looking card !
    I've got a '55 Williams PSA 3 with an unnoticeable (to me anyway) crease that I love.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?