Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Biggest Package I've ever received!

This came in on Thursday.

It's by far the biggest shipment I've ever received - it's even on a wooden palette!

This came in from Huggins & Scott Auctions.

Who knew it would come with a cat? image

I put this in my thread on my vending/coin-op machines I've collected over the years.

I started collecting them in 1993 - I don't pick up many - many pass me by due to the hammer price - this one by far is the biggest priced one I ever picked up - a present to me for selling my office.

If you have a leviathan of a shipment - please share. It'll be a long, long time before I get anything like this again. I would like a 50s Williams BB coin-op with the "diamond inset" but even if I found one I could afford, I don't have the space for it - but they're really fun to play!

Thanx for viewing.
Mike

Comments

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    Cool piece, does it work?
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Wow, Mike. Super cool display piece there - and cute cat!! Are you going to put it in the office that is partially pictured there?
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Real nice Mike. Congrats on your purchase ... and your retirement.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, Mike! Love the cat checking it out, too~looks like my own 15-year-old tabby cat, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cool piece, does it work? >>

Thanx everyone.

Hiya Fred - it does but it needs some adjusting and lubrication.

This game is from the 40s - so it's pretty old and potentially fragile.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, Mike. Super cool display piece there - and cute cat!! Are you going to put it in the office that is partially pictured there? >>

Hey there Casey - yes - it's now in there - the room is in "transition" so things will be changing a lot over the next year.

I have another room to add to my displaying of stuff.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Real nice Mike. Congrats on your purchase ... and your retirement. >>

Thanx Doug.

I'm still working 2 days a week - down to 1 by summer.

I'm taking a month vacation with Mary which includes going to the National - I've already made reservations!
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Nice, Mike! Love the cat checking it out, too~looks like my own 15-year-old tabby cat, lol.. >>

Mine is 10 Tim - she's a rescue along with a calico who's 3.
    Mike
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    FRAGILE...must be Italian

[URL=http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/natester1/media/Mobile Uploads/2015-03/F7071532-8586-454A-8363-AFFDB517F269_zpsqlfohmip.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Nice piece!

I had a pair of Yankee stadium seats shipped from Steiner. That pales in comparison to that bad boy though!
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice, Mike! Love the cat checking it out, too~looks like my own 15-year-old tabby cat, lol.. >>

Mine is 10 Tim - she's a rescue along with a calico who's 3. >>

Glad to hear that, Mike. All of my pets are also rescue animals. There are so many loving and beautiful animals out there who need a home.

Enjoy the game, Mike! It looks like a beauty and should look even nicer with a little sprucing up.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Hey Mike, congrats on your huge package!!

Also congrats on the game!
    It looks really cool, an incredible display piece for any collector.
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2017 8:25AM
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my!! That is sexy!
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    OUTSTANDING!!!

Thanks for sharing, Mike!
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    you have a nice house. I like the moulding on the walls.

Sweet addition too.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tremendous. Congratulations.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    Love that piece.

Great addition to your collection...other pics????

Hope they put some food and water in the machine when they shipped the cat.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>Hey Mike, congrats on your huge package!! >>

That's what she said image

Very Nice addition Mike...would love to see photos of your office transformation!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey Mike, congrats on your huge package!! >>

That's what she said image

Very Nice addition Mike...would love to see photos of your office transformation! >>

I was waiting for somebody to pick up what I was putting down
  • Options
    Really cool. Like the cat as well. We have to rescue cats.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome. Neat looking game.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭
    Great looking piece there Mike!

It sure has some wonderful graphics!
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    That is so cool!!

My cats are jealous image
  • Options
    Thanx so much guys for the kind words!

The front room is about 13x14' and the 2nd bedroom is probably about 14x15' - and I'm doing that room first.

New windows go in around May. Then I'll be doing the renovation. Not sure if I'll get shelves from someone like Ikea or have the wall built in. Will have to do some research.

Here's the front room/office storage area - all the stuff in this room is being packed up for the new windows.

Ultimately this room will be renovated along with the front of the house. The file cabinet is there temporarily while I file away ephemera that isn't going to be displayed.

I have to confess - I'm not the most organized person and a big procrastinator. image
    Mike
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have to confess - I'm not the most organized person and a big procrastinator. image >>

What?!? Not you Mike, LOL.

If I wasn't going to Chicago this summer I'd be right there helping you organize. image

Way to go on picking up that game. Definitely a centerpiece to showcase all your other games around!!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Very cool piece! And congrats on the new, semi-retired life image. I will get there...someday LOL.
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have to confess - I'm not the most organized person and a big procrastinator. >>

I am as well- makes for a messy card area here.

Congratulations on that neat piece Mike.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Mike, thanks for sharing this "huge" addition. Your game collection in unbelievable. Congrats.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Echoing all that has been said here Mike, love the preservation of history you have collecting the old time games. They are spectacular pieces. Thanks for the sharing. Doug
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Mike that game is so friggin cool, working or not its an awesome looking display
    Congrats on the pickup!

• Options
    Thanx again guys! Very kind.

Mike (CPA), I'm sure your "skills" could be wisely used here.

I hope to have some "organization" by this summer.
    Mike