Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Review help with a couple of Willie Mays cards

I'm trying to decide if I should send these 2 cards in for a bump review. I think the 57 Mays has outstanding picture quality for a 7 along with very nice centering and might be enough to get it to bump. The 59 Mays has nice centering and very strong corners in my opinion but the borders are not as clean as other PSA 8's. I would appreciate feedback on if you think either one of these has a good chance of bumping up a 1/2 grade. Thanks.

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I'll comment on the '57 - I think the card presents REAL NICE, but I don't think the corners are strong enough to bump. Hope I'm wrong! GOOD LUCK.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience has been that when all four corners have even minor wear, a 7 usually results no matter how nice everything else is.

This card I submitted is kind of similar. I was hoping for an 8 but I think ultimately the corners held it back:

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the help. The corners were the big concern for me on the 57 and that has been confirmed. I will probably hold off on the bump for now because I have no plans to sell these two cards so a 1/2 bump does not change the appearance. Thanks again.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    First off, nice cards. I believe these cards are graded correctly but I think the '59 has a better shot at bumping. Good luck with your choice. Doug
  • Options
    Bear48Bear48 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    The '59 has a shot at a bump. The grade on the '57 is accurate. Nice cards! Good luck.