Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I am totally amazed at the prices some of the 2013 and 2014

cards are getting. I am not a Hockey fan, but some dude is commanding $1,500 and up, Kris Bryant is commanding $2,000 and up. Kyrie Irving is on fire too. No wonder the vintage prices are going way up. I would much rather have a PSA 9 centered yount, brett, schmidt, larry bird, walter payton, etc than speculating 2009 and up cards. Hell 1981 Larry bird psa 10 cards sell for less than $1,000 and that seems like a steal compared to a bowman chrome Kris bryant.

Think about this, Eli Manning has won 2 Super Bowls and Drew Brees has won one and both, especially Drew have put great numbers and are proven winners, HOFErs, in the number 1 sport in the world and I think one card for both them combined sold for over $1,000 in last two months.

I guess I am missing something.
Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Most of those modern cards won't be worth the grading fees in 5 years. Fools gold.
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    two different collecting populations.
    even two different geographical locations.
    ..wouldnt touch any of the new stuff. although there are some players i would like.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>I am not a Hockey fan, but some dude is commanding $1,500 and up >>

To be fair Some Dude has had quite a year.
  • Different Strokes…..
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • olb31olb31 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

To be fair Some Dude has had quite a year. >>

steve yzermans rookies psa 10 are cheaper. doubt this guy will be that good. of course the guy that played for philly was supposed to be the next gretzky, lindros right.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!

• << <i>

<< <i>

To be fair Some Dude has had quite a year. >>

steve yzermans rookies psa 10 are cheaper. doubt this guy will be that good. of course the guy that played for philly was supposed to be the next gretzky, lindros right. >>

They're .. not the same card? Apples : oranges.