Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2000 Collector's Edge Football - strange pop numbers

Had to look up a card in this set and noticed some strange pop numbers. I know nothing about this set so have no explanation for them but these number are really odd. Anyone know anything about this set?

Link to set

A few examples

#124 Brett Favre (uncirculated) - 5000 examples have been graded. Every last one is a 9.
#125 Charlie Batch (uncirculated) - 5000 examples have been graded. Every last one is a 9.
#134 Donovan McNabb (uncirculated) - 5000 examples graded. Every last one is a 10.

14 cards in this set have had exactly 5000 examples graded. Quite a few others have totals between 4980 and 5050 graded. There has to be something obvious I don't know about this set.

Comments

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Note that the name of the set is 2000 Collector's Edge *Graded*.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>Note that the name of the set is 2000 Collector's Edge *Graded*. >>

There are several sets that have the word "graded" in them

another example
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

There are several sets that have the word "graded" in them

another example >>

Yes, and the number of graded cards for all of these "graded sets" probably varies greatly from set to set and from card to card. When it came to 2000 Collector's Edge Graded, they apparently had 5,000 of each of those cards graded.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

This.

2000 Collector's Edge Graded boxes came with 12 packs each. Each pack had 1 PSA graded card and a 10 ungraded cards.

To distinguish the graded cards vs. cards that came raw but were graded after, the graded are either brilliant or uncirculated... numbered to 500 and 5000 each. I forget the grade range that came out of packs... they had PSA 9 & PSA 10, not sure if there were any lower.

2001 UD Graded was basically Upper Deck's answer to CE Graded the following year.

Snorto~
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>

This.

2000 Collector's Edge Graded boxes came with 12 packs each. Each pack had 1 PSA graded card and a 10 ungraded cards.

To distinguish the graded cards vs. cards that came raw but were graded after, the graded are either brilliant or uncirculated... numbered to 500 and 5000 each. I forget the grade range that came out of packs... they had PSA 9 & PSA 10, not sure if there were any lower.

2001 UD Graded was basically Upper Deck's answer to CE Graded the following year.

Snorto~ >>

Thanks for info. Is this the only product this has been done for?