Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1969 Mike Shannon Not Holdered :-(

Unfortunately my 1969 Mike Shannon was not holdered due to being miscut. I new it had an uneven edge but it was a borderline 8, so I decided to take a chance. Looks like the search will continue.
Please visit my eBay auctions at gemint

Comments

• Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    1969 Topps,

I hear you...I sent in five different "MINT" 1974 Topps #329 Mark Belanger cards over the past year. All 5 came back "Not Holdered MINISIZE" argh!!! I tried my sixth last week and YEAH!!! I finally pulled a PSA 8NQimage

Carlos
  • Options
    69Topps8,

Was the card miscut side to side or top/bottom? Do you have a scan?

Ron
    Ron Sanders Jr.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was oversized side to side (at the bottom). I haven't received it back from PSA yet but I'll post a scan when it arrives.
  • Options
    mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    *cough* *cough* resubmit it *cough* *cough*

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ron - Here's the scan...

1969 Mike Shannon Reject

Mike - LOL. I think I'll have to submit this one to PRO in order to have it grade out. I could probably resubmit to PSA and get it holdered with a "MC" qualifier but I usually submit in bulk and request no qualifiers.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    69topps8/gemint,

First, is it safe to assume you are the same person?

Second, sorry on the Shannon. I never found one worth buying - all seemed 75-25 or worse. I agree with mcastaldi.

Good luck!

PS, I'm sending in about 40 - '69s for the grading special today. All should get 8 and a few are borderline 9's, so maybe I'll get a few 9's. We'll see.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    I got my sahannon card back from PSA last week. came back a PSA 7, but that was no surprise since it did have two corner dings. But has you can see by the scan it was centered fairly nice

I listed it on Ebay Saturday night with a BIN of $35.00........when I woke up Sunday, somebody had hammered on the BIN....gone in a few hours after being listed

here's the scan
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    Dude,

Yes, we're one in the same (multiple personalities). I originally signed up as gemint but then lost my password so I created a new ID under '69topps8'. I've since forgotten that password as well image I have the passwords automatically saved with one account on my laptop and one on my desktop. If the passwords ever get deleted, I'll really be in trouble. So if you see another '69 Brock ICON accompanied by a new user name, you'll know what happened.

Good luck on your submission. I picked up about 75 1969s at the recent show in SF. I picked up some vending quality cards in the lot. I should get some 9s on the easy cards (Al Dark, Al McBean, etc). Unfortunately, no quality Shannons or Satrianos to be found. image
  • Options

<< <i>I have the passwords automatically saved with one account on my laptop and one on my desktop. If the passwords ever get deleted, I'll really be in trouble. >>

When you are logged-in to the forum, you can just change your password by editing your profile. You don't need to know your current password in order to change it.

If you're not logged-in to the forum, you can have CU email your password to you. There is a thing on the log-in screen that says something like "forget your password?". You just click that and then enter your email address (the one that you used to sign up with). CU will then email the password to you.
  • Options
    69topps8,

Thanks for the scan. Too bad on the "miscut". It is a nice card though.

Ron
    Ron Sanders Jr.
  • Options
    Treetop - That's a very nice Shannon. It's rare to find one so nicely centered. I wish I had seen the action before it closed.
  • Options
    Have been following this thread for a little whle now, learning alot about the tough 69 cards.Had a bunch of them I sent in for grading, unfortunetly didn't have any of the Shannon card, or a nice enough Radatz or Satriano to send in. I did wind up getting quite a few low-production cards like the #21 Santiago in PSA 8 and quite a few others. I might throw them up on Ebay, don't have enough cards or money to try to build this set.
    If it's worth doing..It's worth overdoing!!
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    I'll tell the Santiago is real tough too. I just purchased a Mike Andrews in 9. I was stunned to see it. I would have killed for an 8 let alone a 9. What do you want for the Santiago?
  • Options
    I'm interested in the Santiago as well but may not be willing to shell out the "gaspipe bux" to win it.