Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Tony Perez collection in Reds Hall of Fame

I was fortunate enough to be asked to contribute several of my Perez collection pieces to the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame exhibit they just established of Tony Perez. A member of the Hall came to the house in January and selected several items. They just opened the exhibit last week. A local Cincinnati TV station filmed from inside the exhibit. This is the first time I have seen any of it. At the 1 minute mark and then again at 1:30 you can see elements of the Perez exhibit and many of the items from the collection are included. The Hall took other items I don't see yet so looking forward to see some additional photos and hopefully getting there during the year. Here is the video link

WLW Coverage of Reds Hall of Fame

I lifted a couple photos from the article

Majority of jerseys/equipment are from my closet

I think all of these goodies are from me

I received some new photos

If anyone happens to go see the exhibit, I would love to see other photos.

Found another News Station Clip
Looks like PSA cards are in the back against the wall but cannot tell for sure

Article in Cincinnati Enquirer in April

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

Comments

• Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's incredible! I know you mentioned they were displaying some of your Perez items a couple months back, but didn't realize how much of the displays were going to be yours.
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Kevin, that is awesome! The Reds have a great museum, my son and I toured it last summer before a game.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭

<< <i>That's incredible! I know you mentioned they were displaying some of your Perez items a couple months back, but didn't realize how much of the displays were going to be yours. >>

Thanks, there should be more as well. They took all of my PSA graded Perez cards and were going to make a section of those as well. I suspect it just did not make the video cut.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome to be able to contribute to the Perez display. Very cool and thanks for posting.
  • Options
    That is so amazing!
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. I cannot wait to see this exhibit in person. I am about to renew my membership to the museum. If any of you get a chance, The Reds HOF museum is terrific. It is a must see.
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    Awesome. Congrats
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Very nice !!!
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    What a fantastic display. Kevin has a tremendous collection of a very worthy subject. We've been privileged to watch it grow over the years.
  • Options
    That's just great. The Reds HOF is a fun museum and have a lot of well-done exhibits. If you're interested in Reds HOF stuff, you might like to check out my collection at http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/publishedset.aspx?s=132667.

David
    Dave Fanning
    dfanredsfan
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    What a great tribute and about time. Here's my favorite graded unopened pack:

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options

<< <i>That's just great. The Reds HOF is a fun museum and have a lot of well-done exhibits. If you're interested in Reds HOF stuff, you might like to check out my collection at http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/publishedset.aspx?s=132667.

David >>

David

Very cool. I have never seen a 1965 with Perez on top and/or bottom. It would be my favorite as well.

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    That's very cool. I agree that the Reds museum is a must visit. I've been to several in the different ballparks but that may be my favorite. Plus they gave us all Johnny Bench bobble heads when we left!
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    Received new photos which have been added to original post.

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    That's really something. Congratulations
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Thanks to Bob for the heads up on the media coverage in the Cincinnati Enquirer. Article is included on OP.