Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

TinyPic image upload alternative?

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
TinyPic has gotten a bit extreme with the security codes you need to enter to upload.

Not bad for 1 image but for multiple it's a real pain now having to type in complete phrases such as...

Mary Had A Little Lamb It's Fleas Was White As Snow, Yummy In My Tummy, You Say Goodbye I Say Hello, We Wish You A Pleasant Good Night, etc.

Is there any place else where you can upload without signing up?
To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use postimage.org
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I use postimage.org >>



    bronzemat, Thanks so much as I'm glad I asked since postimage.org is wonderfully painless image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, plus you can delete images via the link it gives, should you ever need too.

    I wish others here would use it or something similar. Photobucket is horrible, has been for a very long time.
  • Options
    scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome to post images to Collectivecoin.com

    I designed it for just this purpose. A coin-specific photobucket alternative with some collection management tools thrown in.
    No security phrases, ads or other junk.

    Matt (scubafuel)
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Mary Had A Little Lamb It's Fleas Was White As Snow, Yummy In My Tummy, You Say Goodbye I Say Hello, We Wish You A Pleasant Good Night, etc. >>

    That is weird... I thought fleas were black
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,357 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>You're welcome to post images to Collectivecoin.com

    I designed it for just this purpose. A coin-specific photobucket alternative with some collection management tools thrown in.
    No security phrases, ads or other junk.

    Matt (scubafuel) >>

    I was about to give Collectivecoin the nod. I just started using it.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CloudFlare again. Double post. image

    And yes, Photobucket is increasingly sucking these days. Particularly since their lame "improvements".

    I'm also rather miffed that I'm still seeing ads there despite having paid to go ad-free.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bronzemat, Thanks again as tinypic is down all day image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have web hosting with GoDaddy for my domains. I have tons of storage for dirt cheap. I upload whatever I want whenever I want just using FTP. So simple and I don't have to worry about anything ever. I don't have to worry about strange agreements with those websites either. I have complete control.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Not really looking for much these days but if I were, it might be a toner. :smile:
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭
    i contacted tinypic
    it has to do with a new server they use and ads
    if you turn off ad blocker
    tiny pic works as usual...AWESOME
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see


  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭


    << <i>You're welcome to post images to Collectivecoin.com

    I designed it for just this purpose. A coin-specific photobucket alternative with some collection management tools thrown in.
    No security phrases, ads or other junk.

    Matt (scubafuel) >>



    This site is awesome, more people should join! image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.



    BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 13,226 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>You're welcome to post images to Collectivecoin.com

    I designed it for just this purpose. A coin-specific photobucket alternative with some collection management tools thrown in.
    No security phrases, ads or other junk.

    Matt (scubafuel) >>



    Collectivecoin is very user friendly, however...is BLOCKED at work (DOD Computer system) image
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just signed up to postimage.org. Let's give it a try.
    image
    That's a go! Thanks for the information bronzemat. Photobucket was getting so cumbersome.
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Just signed up to postimage.org. Let's give it a try.
    image
    That's a go! Thanks for the information bronzemat. Photobucket was getting so cumbersome. >>



    Sure, be nice to see many others use it. So much easier.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Mary Had A Little Lamb It's Fleas Was White As Snow, Yummy In My Tummy, You Say Goodbye I Say Hello, We Wish You A Pleasant Good Night, etc >>

    Mary wrote to say she has fleece as white as snow. The flea collar seems to be working.
    Lance.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭
    What's the best place to get free "gifs" ? Can't use jpegs. Any really good places for free gifs?
  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    msch1manmsch1man Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>You're welcome to post images to Collectivecoin.com

    I designed it for just this purpose. A coin-specific photobucket alternative with some collection management tools thrown in.
    No security phrases, ads or other junk.

    Matt (scubafuel) >>



    This site is awesome, more people should join! image >>



    +1 - Collectivecoin.com is awesome...if you haven't already, you should give it a try.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭


    << <i>I use imgur these days. Love it. You can find some, ah... NSFW stuff on it, so if that's a concern, I'd look elsewhere, but otherwise, free unlimited image hosting of whatever size you want.

    mrearlygold, depending on what you want in terms of gifs, as in storage or just looking for some, I'd say imgur isn't bad, but gfycat.com (also hosts nsfw content) is the go to these days. If you're looking for so-called "reaction gifs" I'd just google away. >>



    We have a thread on a different forum, which has become one of the most popular threads on that forum , the thread is simply to post funny images/pics so anyplace with a large accessible base of images is desired that can be copied an pasted.

    Will check those out, thank you. ( added: dang the imgur looked good but they're jpegs which won't copy on that forum. Only gifs. Anything like it that you know but in jifs? )

    And

    Thanks for the latitude Frank

  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Dropbox. You need to sign up for it, but unless you store a lot of material there it's free.
    I love them Barber Halves.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file