Options

Odd love token need identification

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    This is a thread of firsts for me, I have never seen a love token on an Indian coin and never seen a coin photographed on a prehistoric megalodon tooth
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Not to mention antique crochet work.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I know enough to tell it's upside-down in the first picture, but that doesn't mean I can decipher the squigglies.

Aethelred thinks Indian? Guess that could be, though I was thinking possibly Persian (Iranian) or Ottoman Turkish.

It has nice toning.

Nice megalodon tooth, too. Where'd you get that? image

I can tell you a little more about that... like even take you to the site where it was found.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The coin is an Indian rupee of the city of Murshidabad in Bengal struck by the British East India Company AD 1773-1835,
    in the name of the local prince.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boy, if that one could talk, huh.

So it almost certainly came home to the UK from India with some colonial official or East India Company person, I would wager.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.