Home Precious Metals
Options

Questionable 3 oz Engelhard going for big $

I am not prepared to accuse this bar of being counterfeit, but when compared to the known genuine example on allengelhard.com with just the naked eye, there are a couple things that stand out to me.
Let's just say it's questionable enough that I wont be bidding.

Maybe someone who has more expertise can say I'm wrong, which I would glad to be in this case.
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Wow, a RADAR bar!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    POM, the 3 oz Engelhard looks OK to me but I did have second thoughts before bidding.

I was in the hunt until $400. The last three bidders pushed the item to $536. Based on their feedback score two of the three highest bidders are known collectors.

The top logo example offered on ebay is uncommon but similar examples without the "+" after the "999" are earlier and more desirable.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Good enough for me OGIM, thanks for the verification.
    The overall color and the first E in Engelhard not lining up compared to the example on aehard.com was what made me suspect it.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.