Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New employees, new office, new database...and finally new coins!

Hi everybody-

We have had 3 months of changes at Atlas but we finally have lift off! Please let me know if you have any suggestions or comments.

James

Comments

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys sure are a creative bunch with the finest inventory of coins. I like the blog and website.

I am certain your business will enjoy continued success.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still located in NYS?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    AtlascoinAtlascoin Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words, Zohar! Ajaan, we are still in New York (for our sins). image
  • Options
    IosephusIosephus Posts: 872 ✭✭✭
    I always enjoy browsing the site, with its interesting selection and wonderful images. I try to keep an eye out for nice medals (I still quite enjoy the Hedlinger medal I purchased from you at the NYINC). My one issue is with the search. When I search for 'medal', then sort by 'Newest', the Capt. James Cook medal comes up first, and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it there for some time and there are newer selections after. Are the identifier numbers in rough chronological order of addition to the site?
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    James,

I second Zohar's words. And, as promised in email earlier this week, I did check your site daily from China (still there, still jet lagged, still struggling with firewall issues!). And, if Old Man Winter really stays away, I'll be back in time for the Baltimore show.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    Hi Joe-

I'm sorry that the sort by "newest" feature isn't working properly; it's on our to-do list to remove the dropdown entirely from the sort function (requires some web developer work). The problem is that we have to upload all inventory as new to the site for the sort order to work correctly (and the inventory to display in country order).

Our new database should generate a timestamp that will mean all items in the "new" category are actually new but I fully agree that the "sort by newest item" feature is thoroughly confusing!

Thanks for the feedback.

James
  • Options
    that Vespasian Judea Capta denarius is a stunner!

I noticed a little confusion in this blurb about it though

"In 66 AD Vespasian joined his father in the Judean War and in 69 AD was given complete command. He conquered Jerusalem in late 70 AD."

I believe you confused Titus with Vespasian there image
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    dukiduki Posts: 72 ✭✭
  • Options
    Thank you for alerting me on the Judea Capta denarius, NiceCurrency. I have updated the blurb but welcome further correction:

In 66 AD Vespasian and his son Titus commanded the Roman forces in the First Judean War. In 69 AD Titus was given complete command after Vespasian returned to Rome and was appointed emperor; Titus conquered Jerusalem in late 70 AD.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey James

Good to see the website back up and running.

Tell us a little about your new staff!

Dan
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.