Home Testing Forum
Options

test

ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
Hello All,

A couple of years ago I had a little forum project to help me postmark $2 bills on the day of birth of my first little girl, Thalia. It turned out to be a big and fun project. I was overwhelmed with the great response from everyone here and really appreciate the fine collection started for Thalia with her special notes.

Here is the link to the original thread Thalia Thread

Well , my wife and I have second baby coming, another little girl. Her due date is May 18. I thought it would be special if our new baby girl could have her own postmarked collection like her big sister.

If you are willing, I appreciate your help with another project! Below is background info:

As many of you may know I really love postmarked $2 bills. Collectors over the years have had notes postmarked by the U.S. Post Office to commemorate special events, such as the first day issue of a note or stamp, inauguration day of a President, etc. Well my special event is the day of birth of our daughter. I think it would be memorable if she had a collection of $2 bills postmarked on the day of her birth. I will try on that day to get a couple of notes postmarked but it could be a hectic, no wait, it will be a very hectic day I am sure! I may miss the opportunity and would appreciate the assistance of any willing members to get a note postmarked, plus I think it would be really cool to try and get them from as many cities as possible all on the same day.

This can be thought of as a project for this forum that hopefully would be fun for those that would like to help out. For those interested:

1. Post here and/or Private Message (PM) me so that I can follow up to get your name, mailing address, and email if possible
2. I will mail you a $2 note that is already stamped with sufficient postage, 49 cents. I will also provide you with a self-addressed stamped envelope to make your returning the note to me more convenient for you.
3. On the day of her birth, I will announce on this thread and hopefully email you as well
4. On this day, you can take the note to the post office for the stamps to be cancelled with a dated postmark. Please return the note to me in the provided envelope.

I understand this could be tricky to coordinate postmarking on her day of birth. If whatever day she comes, and you do not get the announcement or are busy that day, no problem as I totally understand. I know that the time out of your day is valuable to you and I do not want anyone to feel any pressure or put you out at all. Just send the note back to me unpostmarked. If she comes on a Sunday or evening, we can do the following day when the post office is open. However, even if the post office is not open on the actual day of birth, we can still ask them to postmark with the day of her actual birth and see if they will do it, it can’t hurt to ask.

I would like to get started on this now as of course we have no idea exactly when she will be born. I personally think this could be a fun project and really appreciate your assistance. I mean who would not love $2 notes postmarked on your day of birth from around the country!

Thank you,

Michael

Here are some example from a couple of years ago and a recent Christmas photo too!