Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Digital Album

I'm sure everyone can see the post at the top of the page about the digital album feature. I am excited to try it out. It looks pretty cool, the album style takes me back to when all my cards were in binders and pages as a kid. Anyone else going to give this a try?
Steve

Comments

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played around with it a little. Has some potential. I did look at others that were created and noticed a few issues when viewing. The couple of picts that I added looked fine. Pretty cool to read the inside cover of some of the existing ones.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    I played around a bit with it as well. I have to resize every picture I choose though and got tired of that in a hurry. I already have pictures uploaded for all my registry sets so don't think I will bother with this. Looks cool though.
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if you can only use registry sets for the digital album or non registry sets as well.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    I've played around with it. I'll eventually finish an album. I wonder why the pics that you already have loaded in the registry
    don't automatically load into the album?
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Finishing up nine essays by 12 AM and then playing with this new feature for awhile before bed. Looks nice.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    I wish it were available at the My Inventory level and not just for Registry sets.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have to resize every picture I choose though and got tired of that in a hurry. I already have pictures uploaded for all my registry sets so don't think I will bother with this. >>

+1
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    I tried a few times and each time it crashed the site.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Looks like a good idea. Had trouble from my iPad. So will see on desk top tomorrow
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Cool, but a lot of work with the way I have my stuff scanned. Has anyone found out how to delete an album once you've launched it?
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    This is a cool idea, but I think they had the intention of people only displaying the card itself and not the slab. Personally I would rather have the slab showing instead of the digital label they have showing. Re-scaling every image gets a little old.

Here is my Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Topps Set.

EDIT TO ADD: I just noticed the zoom feature when you mouse over the cards... that's pretty cool too.
  • Options
    I think its a nice feature for the registry to keep it advancing.

However, I for one would have liked to see that money spent on the album feature spent on hiring more graders but that's just me image
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had not bothered to create any digital albums because I only had the front of the cards scanned and not the backs so the album would be incomplete. I am in the process of scanning all of the cards from the 1982 and 83 Wrestling All Stars sets for PSA's card facts site so I decided I would create the albums now that I have fresh front and back scans.

It is a really cool feature and a great way to display your cards online. I am 2/3 of the way done and still need to scan the 1983 set.

Here is the album for the 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A. I think it looks awesome!

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Looks good David. Thanks for sharing.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Nice album DPeck........The zoom feature is very nice ! I have all my cards scanned already ..............but if I were to start a new set , I would probably use this feature !
    Robbieimage
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Here is the second set. I am anxious to get the third set scanned and have all three done and the mega set album complete too.

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series B
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice looking album, David.

Do you really have to rescan all your cards in a specific format before creating the album? I would like to create an album for my 75 mini set, though it would probably take quite a while to scan 660 cards again front and back.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Thanks Grote. I don't believe so. I purchased a new scanner to scan some cards for PSA so I didn't have to mail them out to California. In the process with working with an SMR writer he said that PSA was wondering if I would create scans of the front and backs of the Wrestling All Stars to add to their Card Facts site. I naturally said yes and just wanted to have the scans uniform as the high resolution scans look so much better. Being an avid 1975 Topps collector which has vibrant colors throughout I would imagine those cards would really pop with a nicer scanner like these do. Once I scanned the first card I was thrilled and just wanted to present my sets in the best possible manner. It has really been a labor of love as I keep my top registry sets on the wall in 36 card display cases and it has really been nice to handle each card and appreciate them. Quite frankly I think many of us are always in constant pursuit of what we don't have and sometimes forget how much we love what we already do have.
  • Options
    I just saw an email from PSA announcing the registry awards are coming up and I am excited to see my 1982-83 Wrestling All Stars set is in the running. The poll is on the Set Registry board and I just cast my vote!