Home Sports Talk
Options

this year's NBA MVP?

jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
I'll admit that these days, I only loosely follow the NBA, but I was surprised to read that Harden appears to the front-runner for the MVP. I figured Steph Curry would be a shoo-in for the award, especially since they are 4-0 vs. the Rockets this year, has a slightly better PER, and just seems to get more publicity in general (not that that should be a factor, but let's face it, it is). What am I missing?

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Russell Westbrook is trying to make it a race. He's leading the league in scoring, 4th in assists, highest rebounding guard (by over a rebound a game) and 2nd in steals. Plus playing incredibly tenacious D and infectious O and D. If he can keep up the triple double pace he'll win!
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Westbrooks on a mission. The media has wanted it to be Hardins year. Deservedly so. They may have no choice if the triple doubles continue. They don't want it to be lebrons. Similar to Jordan in why. And curry has a solid second or third place locked but not first.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options

<< <i>Westbrooks on a mission. The media has wanted it to be Hardins year. Deservedly so. They may have no choice if the triple doubles continue. They don't want it to be lebrons. Similar to Jordan in why. And curry has a solid second or third place locked but not first. >>

Interesting I see it, right now, as:

Curry
    Westbrook
    Harden

Maybe that's because I am in Nor Cal so subject to bias here but I really think Curry is currently "in the lead."
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    You def recognoze the bias..I was watching a special how currys a rockstarout there. Even bigget than watt in houston. But Just not seeing it on the east coast as much. Don't get me wrong, he's abs amazing but just not being perceived as Cali does.
    Then aging who knows. I don't know the geography of the voters. Just saying how I see it. ...also if Westbrook continues, the fact Durant is hurt is helping his case.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Curry is leading the pack. He lead from the start and there is no slowing down.
  • Options
    Sorry for the double post.
  • Options
    Russell Westbrook just messing around and getting another triple double. #MVP