Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Arod shrine

I still like he guy, regardless. Here are some of my collection. Base cards and inserts are in top loaders in a box. These are just for show

And my fav, besides the bat

Pete
.Looking for ANY National Bank notes of Skaneateles, NY

Comments

• Options
    Do you have any used syringes? Just sayin'. image
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I can't stand A-Rod, but I love your collection, nice work!
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Love the ARod items. Here is one my favorites.

"A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    Hey collect what you like.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Nice!

I don't follow baseball, but there has to be a ton of boxes that feature Arod on them, yes? Are those something you look to add to your collection too?

As much as a dig cards, they don't display particularly well, whereas lot of memorabilia... as your photos attest... do.

So a thumbs up on the shrine.

Fee amaan Arod. image

Snorto~
  • Options

<< <i>Hey collect what you like. >>

I agree. Just some good natured joshing.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! I love seeing displays of player collections. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Nice. Collect what you love. If and when I move back to the States, I need to do the same with my stuff.
  • Options
    byronscott4everbyronscott4ever Posts: 932 ✭✭✭
    Nice display, maybe add a case for the bat and a McFarlane figure?
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    This is not nearly as creepy as the subject led me to believe. Nice collection!
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if you are into A-Rod art but I thought you might be interested in this.

Alex Rodriguez art
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice grouping
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Thanks all, yes I'm looking into a nice display for the bat. The mini helmet is really nice, nice silver sharpie. I like to have everything neat, kind of an ocd thing. But thanks for all the kind words. I'm sure I'll be building on it whenever I can.

Pete
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I wonder if he would have been hated as much if he never left Seattle?
  • Options
    BeRoyalKCBeRoyalKC Posts: 413 ✭✭
    Nice stuff. Use to heavily collect Doc Gooden.
    #CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    nice collection...

I think the yankees will release him within 100 days of the start of the season....

do you think he will make it the full year ?
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>nice collection...

I think the yankees will release him within 100 days of the start of the season....

do you think he will make it the full year ? >>

I'd be willing to bet the same, but I wonder if anyone else would pick him up? The trouble he is going to have is the $30+ million in incentives he could earn based on home runs... I don't think the Yankees will be able to void that portion of the contract and will end up releasing him to limit the amount of money they'll have to pay him.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice display Peter - he's still a damn good player - who made some bad choices IMO.
    Mike
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    Very very nice! In the immortal words of Lloyd Christmas:

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    The bat signed in silver really pops. I admire your passion, and you have got a nice collection going there!
  • Options

<< <i>The bat signed in silver really pops. I admire your passion, and you have got a nice collection going there! >>

Thank you. I got a great deal on that bat. It's upper deck authenticated. Have the coa and the box it came in from a guy I bought it from that got it when he played in Texas. I like the guy regardless. He's a great player and has some good left in him.
  • Options
    Kind of re living this thread....I saw a few posts on what he may do his first 100 games. Looks like he exceeded the expectations. I guess some of my pics have disappeared from my photobucket. My wife got me another great addition for my bday, which is next month. An autographed jersey. Man I can't wait to see that. It came in the mail yesterday but she hid it. I've gotten a ton more since I started this thread that when it's organized I'll take a few more photos. Love doing this and love seeing others collections as well.

Pete
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I've got a few tough '90s inserts in my store that I'd trade for tough Frank Thomas cards, if interested.

A-Rods
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Nice, I'll take a look. Unfortunately I don't own any Frank Thomas' would like that one in your sig though. Nice card
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

A big hand for the collection!

(Sorry, couldn't resist; all kidding aside nice collection and display!)

Matt
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    The thing with A-Rod is that he has no discernible personality. I mean, he's never shown himself to be a guy with any sense of humor. He would go a long way towards repairing his image if he hosted SNL and made fun of himself and all the controversial things he's done in his career.
  • Options
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought I would add some Arod items to the thread. These have been in my position since 2000, and came directly from the rep that used to serviced Arod. I work with him, and he also grabbed me a pair of Griffey shoes as well. Neat thing is these have all of the factory tags on them, and as you can see Arod had his nickname on the tongue and heel as well as his #3. Debating on whether I should hold on to them and get them signed for the man cave or put them on Ebay. Enjoy.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan but can appreciate the awesomeness of your collection

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.