Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Grades Just Popped - Video Posted

Saw that my grades just popped today. Lately I've been waiting for the cards to arrive before looking at the grades and then videotape going through the sub. This one was 200 cards. I hope to film and post the video later this week after I receive the shipment. In the meantime, I did look at the first few to get a sense of how the sub was graded. So far, it's promising.

1 1 23841845 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1976 Topps 19 George Brett Card
2 1 23841846 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1974 Topps 319 Randy Hundley Card
3 1 23841847 MINT 9 1973 Topps 608 Rookie Pitchers Busby/Colpaert/Medich Card
4 1 23841848 MINT 9 1976 Topps 365 Carlton Fisk Card
5 1 23841849 MINT 9 1976 Topps 420 Joe Morgan Card
6 1 23841850 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1976 Topps 341 Lou Gehrig All Time All-Star Card

I'll post a link to the video once it's done. 200 cards total, mostly 1969 and 1970.

Comments

• Nice hit on that Brett
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the way to come out of the gate image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    76 Brett is a toughie!!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the next six! You know you want to!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    How long did it take for grades to pop?
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.

1973 #608 is a low pop too and one I need for my set.

<< <i>How long did it take for grades to pop? >>

The order logged in mid-January.
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    How can you stop after just 6 cards?
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How long did it take for grades to pop? >>

The order logged in mid-January. >>

Nice. I'm waiting for a 208 card sub that was logged Dec 8. I waited till 55 business days to ask about it and none of my emails have been answered.

<< <i>How can you stop after just 6 cards? >>

I use the same willpower us pack collectors use not to rip through our unopened collection! image
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I use the same willpower us pack collectors use not to rip through our unopened collection! image >>

Well it looks like it's gonna be a great sub by the way things started out

Good luck on the rest of the grades

Tom
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • I hope you didn't have any YAZ cards in that sub!
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I felt inclined to look ahead for you, you sent in a nice mix of cards image

<< <i>I felt inclined to look ahead for you, you sent in a nice mix of cards image >>

LOL, spoiler alert!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Ill Give you a benjamin for 23841869 right now!!!

<< <i>Ill Give you a benjamin for 23841869 right now!!! >>

Lol, thanks for not revealing the card. If it's a PSA 7 common, you got yourself a deal. All kidding aside, I'll get back to you after my shipment arrives.
  • I was kidding(I mean Ill give you the benjamin if you force me to) ....Its a nice hit for you. Most wont appreciate it but its a toughie in that grade.
  • 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an avid collector of 76's I'd love to see some pics when you get the cards, if you have some time to post them.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I use the same willpower us pack collectors use not to rip through our unopened collection! image >>

I hear you. image

Looks promising so far. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

<< <i>As an avid collector of 76's I'd love to see some pics when you get the cards, if you have some time to post them. >>

Now you guys are really testing my willpower. image
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was kidding(I mean Ill give you the benjamin if you force me to) ....Its a nice hit for you. Most wont appreciate it but its a toughie in that grade. >>

I'm trying not to comment to avoid ruining John's fun....but I (drool) would definitely appreciate it!

<< <i>

<< <i>I was kidding(I mean Ill give you the benjamin if you force me to) ....Its a nice hit for you. Most wont appreciate it but its a toughie in that grade. >>

I'm trying not to comment to avoid ruining John's fun....but I (drool) would definitely appreciate it! >>

Now I'm drooling. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Nice start, John. I can't wait to see the video of the rest of the submission.
  • I don't get it. How can other people see these grades?
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't get it. How can other people see these grades? >>

Cert verification on the next flip numbers in sequence.

<< <i>

Cert verification on the next flip numbers in sequence. >>

That's a lot of work. I commend anyone who went to the effort to uncover my sub. It would be so much easier to just wait for the video. image
  • It wasn't work at all...looking through all those 7s and 7.5s was very entertaining!! Just kidding

<< <i>

<< <i>

That's a lot of work. I commend anyone who went to the effort to uncover my sub. It would be so much easier to just wait for the video. image >>

Once you enter a cert number you just press back button and change last digit. Easy peasy. And congrats on that gem mint Schmidt RC!!

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

That's a lot of work. I commend anyone who went to the effort to uncover my sub. It would be so much easier to just wait for the video. image >>

Once you enter a cert number you just press back button and change last digit. Easy peasy. And congrats on that gem mint Schmidt RC!! >>

I actually do this when I have questions about a card. I recently bought a PSA 8 '63 Brock card that was short in the holder. So I scanned the adjacent certs to see if there were any rejects. Fortunately there weren't. There were a bunch of other '63 stars and commons that graded from 6-8 with one 9. So that made me feel a little better about the card. I also did this when I bought my PSA 8 Clemente RC. It was part of an amazing sub that also included the only PSA 10 Clemente RC that Eric Olander now owns which was graded about 8 cards prior to the PSA 8 I own.

• << <i>Once you enter a cert number you just press back button and change last digit........... >>

Card Target will show you 20 certs at a time.
    All your money won't another minute buy.
    I finally had a chance to film and post my sub results. Here they are. Third video is only 4 minutes as I ran out of room on the other disk. I was exhausted after a long week of work when I filmed it so hopefully it doesn't sound like I'm on valium. image

Sub - Part 1

Sub - Part 2

Sub - Part 3
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun view! Any of this stuff going to be for sale, or no?
    Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, some of it will be for sale. Some will upgrade my sets with the lower grade version going to auction.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭
    Nice videos !!!

I enjoyed the walk down the memory lane .----- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • TheDudeAbidesTheDudeAbides Posts: 400 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing the videos, that was awesome!
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭
    Great show, thanks for taking the time to shoot and post your videos. Doug
  • RynoandBoRynoandBo Posts: 393 ✭✭
    I thoroughly enjoyed this series of videos. Very entertaining.

• itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    still got the magic touch with '69 Topps. some nice hits in there. image
  • great video. Thanks for posting it.Any comments on all the .5s?
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭✭
    That was awesome, are you willing to share links to your set registries, I would love to see them!
    Thanks for videoing the submission John. It was interesting all the 8.5's you got. Hopefully you got a bunch of nice upgrades for your sets.

Surprised they graded the Jerry Grote though. I would have thought it was altered for sure. image

Collecting:

<< <i>great video. Thanks for posting it.Any comments on all the .5s? >>

It really was surprising. I don't recall ever getting so many on one submission. It was either an aberration or they are making a renewed push to use the .5 grades.

<< <i>That was awesome, are you willing to share links to your set registries, I would love to see them! >>

Thanks. Here's a link to my sets.

Gemint's Sets
    Great stuff, John. I like this idea..

I heard somewhere that the, 5 grade is assigned if graders aren't in agreement of a particular grade. Not sure if that is the case, though.

• GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff. I particularly enjoyed seeing the '70 Rico Carty and the '73 Gary Matthews rookie.

Thanks for taking the time to let us have a look.

<< <i>Great stuff, John. I like this idea..

I heard somewhere that the, 5 grade is assigned if graders aren't in agreement of a particular grade. Not sure if that is the case, though. >>

Thanks Tim. I've heard the same thing. So I wonder if that implies that the graders rarely disagree since they rarely give out .5s, except for in this sub.

<< <i>Good stuff. I particularly enjoyed seeing the '70 Rico Carty and the '73 Gary Matthews rookie.

Thanks for taking the time to let us have a look. >>

Thanks for watching. I needed the Matthews to upgrade my set so I was happy to hit that one and the Rookie Pitchers card.
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭
    Any chance you want to sell the George Brett 1976?
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases