Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1980 Topps baseball cello pack rip

The seal popped on one of my 1980 Topps baseball cello packs (a common problem with the loosely wrapped variation from this issue, though cards come out generally sharper than those from the tighty wrapped packs), so I went ahead and busted it open. A few very sharp cards that I will be submitting for my set, including a nicely centered Mike Schmidt.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Hope they grade hi for you Tim.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck on all of them Tim! Any chances for 10's with them? I am not familiar with how PSA judges the centering on the set (I don't collect 1980 BB) is the Schmidt considered a little low?
    Steve
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice cards there. Good luck Tim.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, guys. Likely a 9 on the Schmidt, though I like it better than this 10. The others I need for my self-submitted set which I've been working on for years now with no end in sight, LOL..Every card in it has been self-submitted by me from pack pulls~but I did get the PSA 9 Henderson (from a super cello) out of the way early! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Very nice cards, Tim! Good luck with the submission. That is a very sharp Schmidt and Goltz is a tough card too, any one I usually pull is extremely off center. I've seen worse examples of all 4 cards there in 10 holders so hopefully it works out for you.

Jimmy
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    The Schmidt is razor sharp, as are the commons. Nice job.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The seal popped on one of my 1980 Topps baseball cello packs >>

Yeah sure. Likely story Tim haha!

Nice Schmidt! Good luck when you sub them.
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Likely a 9 on the Schmidt

Why do you think it will only receive a 9 Tim? Judging by the scan, it looks flawless. Is the back centering within the standards as well? I don't even see any fisheyes in the black banner in the "N.L. All Star" section which is prevelant with these.
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Likely a 9 on the Schmidt

Why do you think it will only receive a 9 Tim? Judging by the scan, it looks flawless. Is the back centering within the standards as well? I don't even see any fisheyes in the black banner in the "N.L. All Star" section which is prevelant with these. >>

The color registration/shift in the Phillies banner will most likely hold it back from anything higher than a 9.

Justin
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Nice centering on these. Sweet Schmidt.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The seal popped on one of my 1980 Topps baseball cello packs >>

Yeah sure. Likely story Tim haha! >>

This is always his excuse so he doesn't get his unopened union card taken away. Glad to see that some people aren't fooled by him.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    What graded did you end up with??