Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBHOF autographed poster, signed by 87 HOF'ers so far, added Ripken, Murray, Johnson, Thomas, and Da

I've been looking for a fun, modern autograph project to work on, and this fits the bill perfectly. A BBHOF poster (JSA authenticated) signed by 82 HOF'ers already including most of the big names that were still alive back in 1990 such as Dimaggio, Mantle, Campanella, Williams, etc., etc., etc. My plan is pretty simple, just add to it when I get a chance with HOF'ers only. Should provide for years of fun.

Here it is:

and here's the legend to the signatures:

Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    Wow - there are some good graphs on that thing
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is an amazing piece, Mike!

Sort of reminds me of that basketball piece that went missing a while back~don't send it to them!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Theres a problem is see...running out of room. image thats a good problem to have.

awesome poster. awesome project. congrats!!!

...i agree with grote15...i would never send it in. even to the most reputable company. not with the quality you now have.
    ...will this be strictly HOF elected or also probable soon to be HOF's?
    ..whats your stance on Rose, does he get to sign?
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Theres a problem is see...running out of room. image thats a good problem to have.

awesome poster. awesome project. congrats!!!

...i agree with grote15...i would never send it in. even to the most reputable company. not with the quality you now have.
    ...will this be strictly HOF elected or also probable soon to be HOF's?
    ..whats your stance on Rose, does he get to sign? >>

I think there's plenty of room to get it up to 100 sigs, and IF I decide to let them sign on the faces, even more but I'm not sure about going that route. It will be strictly HOF elected, I'd be ticked if I got someone that looked like they were going to be a HOF'er and then they did something stupid, or got caught for doing something stupid years ago and didn't get in. It would always bug me to have a non-HOF'er on it.

I'd love Rose to sign, but ONLY if he gets into the HOF first. I personally don't have anything against Pete, but it would be like my Texas Rangers autographed pieces, I don't want a Reds, or an Astro, or a Yankee on them, just Rangers.

I need to figure out who is still alive that I still need, and then due to limited real estate on the poster, figure out which ones of those I want to get it signed by. For example, Cal Ripken Jr. will make the cut, Craig Biggio, not so much unless I decide to have them sign over faces and open up a lot more space.

M
  • Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a great looking piece! I was wondering who you still need that is alive and who's maybe the oldest you need.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Really cool piece Mike. Looks like you have room for at least a dozen autos without writing over their faces. GOOD LUCK.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    YOWZA ! Go to Florida or AZ over the next month and grab a bunch more at the spring games.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw this being offered on Net54; I'm glad you now own it Mike!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    That is really nice ----- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    This is the plan the guy I bought it from had for it, but of course it's a little too late to get Tony Gwynn and will have to wait for Griffey, Jr. to get elected. I kind of like his spacing plan for the sigs (but would rather move Ripken up a bit into the clear area) and his player selection is okay as well.

• Options
    A friend from another board helped me add 5 more to my piece. Frank Thomas, signed at the palm trees, Randy Johnson, just to the left of Drysdale, Eddie Murray, slightly to the right of the Drysdale in the lower middle, Andre Dawson, signed in the dark spot in the lower left picture corner, and Cal Ripken, Jr, signed in the lower right dark corner right above Harmon Killebrew. The photo makes the Dawson and Ripken look a lot worse than they will in person as those areas are dark but not as dark as they appear. Happy to add those 5 and looking forward to at least 13 more as I want to get to 100. It was supposed to be signed by Pedro Martinez as well but Pedro bailed on the show.
  • Options
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Congrats on the additions Mike. Cal and Andre don't look bad at all!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I don't know how I missed this in February, but this is an astounding piece!! Please keep us updated as you add to it.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know how I missed this in February, but this is an astounding piece!! >>

I was just thinking the same thing.

I hope you can get Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz all close together like that.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't know how I missed this in February, but this is an astounding piece!! >>

I was just thinking the same thing.

I hope you can get Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz all close together like that. >>

Was supposed to get Smoltz, Rice, and Ozzie as well this past weekend but my friend inadvertently overlooked those as he was REALLY busy getting things signed for his customers. I do want Maddux and Glavine as well but I could not get special pricing on them this go around and I only had a limited budget to work with.

I keep hoping Maddux will pop up down here at a Rangers signing since he's a "special assistant" but so far not happening, his show price for large signed items like my poster is hard to bite off.

Mike

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    I missed this one too back in March. AMAZING piece, Mike!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    What a comprehensive and cool piece, Mike! Congrats!!

And how did you manage to get Mays to sign the piece without doing it upside down, grumbling that he wasn't pictured, or some other sort of surly comeuppance?

I'm perhaps biased in my admiration for this piece, with Schmidt front and center

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭
    That is one fantastic piece.

I can't recall ever seeing that many HOF sigs on one item.

If you ever get it matted.....you can leave a place (slits) with cutouts in the matting for auto cuts.

That way you can fill in long deceased HOFers and Gwynn.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    What a fantastic piece!!
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Amazing
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options
    Just received my poster back from my friend and it looks real nice. The Andre and Cal are both easily seen and look so much better than the photo. I was trying to convince myself of that last night when I saw the photo and I was actually correct LOL. Very happy now with the results.