Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Soccer fans, any recognizable names ?

Comments

• Dempsey is a big star for team USA, one of their top few players of all time. Zusi and Michael Bradley are also on the team. I don't know any of the foreign guys, but usually if they're in MLS and not playing in Europe they're not very good.
  • Thank you. Kind of what I thought about this league. I didn't recognize any of them.
  • I'm not quite understanding the Boniek Garcia card either. Are those.....?

• << <i>I'm not quite understanding the Boniek Garcia card either. Are those.....? >>

Uniboob.
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Claudio Reyna is a former captain of the US National Team, and was the US' best player from about 1999-2005.

Jason Kreis is probably the next US National Team coach, unless his time at NYCFC is a complete clown show.

Mexico sucks.

Cubo Torres is a very skilled player that could play just about anywhere in the world.

Oscar Boniek Garcia is a fantastic player, but he's Honduran and plays in MLS. If he was Portuguese and playing in Spain, he'd be a pretty big deal.

Blas Perez is Panamanian - and a terrible human being.

Martins, Defoe and (maybe) Reo-Coker are English Premier League level players.

Clint Dempsey is the current US captain.

Michael Bradley is the US' best player, currently.

DeAndre Yedlin is the US' next big thing.

US Cap Winners:
    Ricardo Clark (WC 2010)
    Luis Robles
    Troy Perkins
    Tony Beltran
    Graham Zusi (WC 2014)
    Luis Gil (he may develop into a very good player one day)
    Justin Morrow
    Matt Hedges
    Jose Villareal hasn't been capped (yet), but he is VERY talented and a name you'll hear again.
    Omar Gonzalez (WC 2014)
    Jeff Larentowicz
    Eric Alexander
    Chris Rolfe
    Robbie Rogers
    Brian Carroll
    Dax McCarty
    Jon Busch

Also of note - Robbie Rogers was the first publicly gay American professional athlete, though Jason Collins and Michael Sam are thought of as such.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • I didn't see the Reyna. That's a good hit.
  • Yowza ! Thank you guys. This is the place for info ! Pulling out the good ones now for safe keeping image