Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Live long and prosper. Spock is no more

Comments

• Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you try to knock me you’ll get mocked / I’ll stir fry you in my wok / Your knees’ll start shaking and your fingers pop / Like a pinch on the neck of Mr. Spock.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Shabbat Shalom.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    RIP Mr. Spock.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I just heard. He inspired so many. RIP
  • tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    He lived long and prospered. RIP Spock.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any of you can find it, the movie "Rhubarb" about a cat mascot for a baseball team is hilarious, at least to me. Nimoy played a baseball player in it. I saw it probably 30 or more years ago on late night TV. It's a B/W film. The cat steals the movie. Suggest you google/Wikpedia it. Just checked Wik. under "Rhubarb" movie. The movie came out in 1951. Nimoy was in an uncredited role. He was 19 in the film.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    "... yet it should be noted, in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most ... human." - James T Kirk

RIP
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Good for you.
  • lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭
    image This makes me sad. I'm a nerd.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Star Trek fan+

Goodbye Spock.
    Mike
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see so many here get it.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A true gentleman. RIP..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Spock

Genesis

WE shall see what happens next
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am an unapologetic Trekker and today I feel like I lost a good friend.
    I always thought it ironic that he wrote an early memoir called "I Am Not Spock" but played the role in more movies than any other original cast member.
    I think I'll pull one of my original series DVDs tonight and watch a couple of episodes. Just because.
    He lived long and prospered indeed. RIP

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Sad news. I hope he felt that he lived long and prospered.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. Leonard Nimoy WAS Spock and is only challenged for perfect casting by Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper.

"Molon Labe"