Home Precious Metals
Options

I've owned CSK most of my adult life, and always .......

used the same strategy I use with PM's; lazy accumulation. Deviated recently, and made a huge {for me} purchase. Next day, the train wreck. Downward spiral. Back to plan A. CSX my old friend will be fine, but never again will I be foolish. Take care. jws

Comments

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Julio....just curious...what was the % one day decline that was a "train wreck"?
    thanks.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Julio....just curious...what was the % one day decline that was a "train wreck"?
    thanks. >>

I believe that he is referring to the recent derailment involving many tank cars of crude oil. It does't seem to have had much if any effect on the stock price.

FWIW, a former CSX engineer who posts on another site has for his sig line "if it wasn't late, it wasn't our freight."
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    Julio, Looks like CSX is only down 2% from yesterdays open.

I wish when my stocks drop they would only drop in such limited fashion. ;~
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Julio, Looks like CSX is only down 2% from yesterdays open.

I wish when my stocks drop they would only drop in such limited fashion. ;~ >>

Ain't that the truth! I pick the REAL winners that like to fall off cliffs.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say youve owned it for years so continue viewing it like that---its up 30% in the last year.

Nice holding.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    No doubt CSX has been very good to me. I love the stock, and always have. Just need to stick with my lazy accumulation mode. I am extremely confident it will continue to pay off for me. The train wreck was a tragedy, and the Co. handled it in a manner., that was noteworthy. A bump in the tracks so to speak. I purchase a regular amount every month, and will continue. A tried and true strategy. Just a great Co. Take care, jws