Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1985 Topps BB question

Were these cards printed on thinner stock? I bought a set off ebay and there's about a half inch of room at the end of an 800 count box. I've gone through multiple times and checked to make sure everything is in there and all 792 cards are accounted for. My 84 and 86+ sets all take up the entire space in the same sized box. All of these sets are now in new 800 count boxes that I bought so I know it's not an unusual size box.

Comments

• sometimes i noticed due to humidity, cards do expand a little...the thin cards are how its supposed to be...those other sets have had air/moisture fatten them up.

on another note...here is something i found interesting....

dealer buy/sell prices on 1984 and 1985 topps baseball unopened products are pretty similar...
    for many years 1985 was always the much better year for cards vs 1984...i guess the steroid era really affected the pricing for clemens and mcgwire cards to the point where mattingly is considered equal value.

• SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    That does make sense, about 84 and 85.

1984 can be looked on as the last year of "pure" rookies, before Clemens and McGwire (1985), Bonds and Canseco (1986) and Palmeiro (1987), et al, botched things up.

I had never looked at it that way.