Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

T206 Cards - Are these worth submitting ...

I have had these for over 15 years. I picked them up in a personal collection I bought. I had completely forgotten about them until the other day when I happened upon them. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on the condition and submitting. Bridwell is Portrait with cap; Camnitz is arms folded; Dougherty is arms in air; Herzog is Boston; Hinchman; Hofman; Milan, and Myers Batting. It looks like Bridwell and Hofman have been trimmed. Sorry about the black hair on the Hofman scan. Please post your thoughts. Thanks James

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage
"A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).

Comments

• msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    I personally would not send them in if looking to sell them.
  • You have a Piedmont 460 factory 42 in there, that's a valuable card in any condition! Congrats!

• scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    James -

Just a heads up before you are potentially preyed upon . . . or otherwise make an uninformed decision.

Piedmont 350/460 Factory 42 backs are pretty tough -- unfortunately it's the roughest of your group.

That said, I expect it is still worth $200, or so.

Scott
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Great to see the honesty on these boards!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Once again board members shine. Thanks for the information regarding the Factory 42 printing. PM Sent.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • My thought is that any T206 is worth slabbing if it's in even decent condition, because of the protection and appearance the slab provides. That might not be a popular opinion, who knows. I would grade them all except Dougherty, Bridwell and Hofman, either because of paper loss or because you said they were trimmed. Sounds like Dougherty should sell for a good amount even raw. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    James -

Just a heads up before you are potentially preyed upon . . . or otherwise make an uninformed decision.

Piedmont 350/460 Factory 42 backs are pretty tough -- unfortunately it's the roughest of your group.

That said, I expect it is still worth $200, or so.

Scott

+1
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Dittomwith danB. Post the results ifmyou do submit. Good luck.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image