Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

FSH: 1832 Large Letter Capped Bust Half NGC AU58..........BEAUTIFULLY TONED!!.......PRICE REDUCED

FSH: 1832 O-101 Large Letters CBH NGC AU58

A little background info on this variety. It is the ONLY Large Letter reverse used for the year 1832 and easily identified by the large die break (pretty cool if you ask me) on the reverse through the eagle's left wing. Based on PCGS pop reports, the 1832 Small Letter reverse is the most common graded bust half in the entire CBH series with 2881 being graded, while the 1832 Large Letter reverse has only 221 graded by PCGS in ALL grades, making that less than 8% of all 1832's being graded by PCGS (sorry I don't know the NGC stats, but I can just imagine they are similar). All this translates into the 1832 Large Letter reverse being no where near as commonly encountered up for sale on dealer's inventories or up for auction compared to the small letter reverse.

Now, this particular 1832 Large Letter reverse is beautifully toned (looks much nicer in hand) with pastel shades of blue and magenta on both the obverse and reverse throughout the stars, lady liberty, the eagle, and the legend, not to mention has a great strike, minimal marks for the grade, and loads of luster, making it a PQ AU58 in my opinion.

Asking $1150 or best offer. Check or Money Order (preferred), but will accept Paypal (Gift ONLY).

PM with any questions and thanks for looking.

Comments