Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Thanks Dennis at VOC Numismatics 1902 half crown

Thanks to Dennis at VOC Numismatics. He sent this down to me in Australia in exchange for some fiat currency. I'd rather have the coin than the fiat.

PCGS MS65 Great Britain 1902 Half Crown

Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.

Comments

• Options
    I like the light multicolored toning image

and Dennis is a good guy, we've done business several times
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like the light multicolored toning image

and Dennis is a good guy, we've done business several times >>

Yes, and yes. (I agree about the good guy thing, though I haven't done business with him... yet.)

PS- I like your (new?) avatar, Mark. Share some pix of that one, too!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    PS- I like your (new?) avatar, Mark. Share some pix of that one, too! >>

Not my coin, my avatar got changed one day for some reason when I edited my signature. I didn't notice for a while and when I did I didn't like it so I looked through the list of avatars and found this one. It looks like some sort of pattern half penny or something?
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Dennis is a good dude. I just got a couple of BUNC large pennies from him from 36 and 37 which are little chunks o' heaven. Last year he sold me a mixed box of circulated pennies for Fiona and I to dig through. Made for a fun day after the ANA Chicago show.

The toning on the obverse is really nice with the light gold but the grey light rainbow toning on the upper half of the shield on the reverse is pretty money for being so understated.
  • Options
    Lovely piece .........Excellent example ..........Tremendous eye appeal. Fantastic trade.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wonderful

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Glad I could send the coin to a good home downunder!
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not familiar with the coin, yet your imaging looks great!
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mnemtsas2: Nice pickup! -- I love the Edward VII British Portrait era coins.

Here's one of my favorite British Crowns, an Edward VII Matte Proof to complement the theme of this thread.

1902 Edward VII British Crown - ANACS PF-62 (Matte Proof) - Mintage 15,000

imageimage

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome crown, Stuart!