Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hall of Fame Catcher Pickups

In an attempt to narrow my collecting focus, I decided about six months ago to start a catchers collection, particularly Hall of Fame catchers. With the 4x ebay bucks recently, here are some pickups:

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
www.questfortherookiecup.com

Comments

• Options
    Wow, I love both those cards! Cool idea for a collecting focus too. As a Yankees fan, are you going to allow yourself to collect Carlton Fisk cards?!? image
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    Ha! Yes, I have his rookie and 2nd year card in a PSA submission about to send off from a collection I bought. And I have my eye on a couple of Fisk autos too. image

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
  • Options
    I'm looking for his 1974 Topps in a high end PSA 8. It's not terribly difficult to find, but it's not my #1 collecting priority at the moment, and my limited searching hasn't turned one up at a bargain.
  • Options
    Mine are all mid grade (4-6). Good luck on the search!!!
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In an attempt to narrow my collecting focus, I decided about six months ago to start a catchers collection, particularly Hall of Fame catchers. With the 4x ebay bucks recently, here are some pickups:

image >>

Great project. I have considered doing this as well. Nice start.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Good luck on your new collecting focus. Awesome start!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Here's yesterday's mail day to add to the collection:

• Options
    Really digging the Diamond Star
  • Options
    Thanks Dan. Here are some I already had but wanted to share them here in the same thread. Thanks for looking!

and... sort of...