Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Found this card funny

With all the hype of the 89 Fleer Johnson Marlboro error, I find it funny that the Marlboro sign in this card is clear as day.

Love '83 Topps. Looking to put together a PSA 10 set.

Comments

• frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....on a card of a guy that died possibly from using tobacco. Interesting.

I would say that the 1989 Fleer set had more popularity that a Collector's Choice issue. That may be why.

Shane

• DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭

<< <i>With all the hype of the 89 Fleer Johnson Marlboro error, I find it funny that the Marlboro sign in this card is clear as day. >>

Yikes...I looked at the card before I read your comment. I thought you were making a sick joke about him passing away because he's signing directly under the letters "DIE".
  • frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>With all the hype of the 89 Fleer Johnson Marlboro error, I find it funny that the Marlboro sign in this card is clear as day. >>

Yikes...I looked at the card before I read your comment. I thought you were making a sick joke about him passing away because he's signing directly under the letters "DIE". >>

Whoa....when you consider all of that, this might be the spookiest card in existence.

Shane

• cgcmgrcgcmgr Posts: 116 ✭✭
    Wow, those things didn't even cross my mind. Spooky is right. I'd never make a joke about cancer, besides Gwynn is my all time favorite player.
    Love '83 Topps. Looking to put together a PSA 10 set.