Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1991 Classic Best Mike Schmidt Autographs

Interesting to note that Mike Schmidt actually signed 2100 of the 1991 Classic Best Baseball Minor League cards instead of the 2000 that is stated on the box. I wonder why he signed 100 more? Anyone ever pull any of these from a pack before? I bought a cheap box at a card store and am looking forward to seeing how close I can get to a set and maybe get extremely lucky and pull one of the Mike Schmidt cards.

Comments

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent every penny I made from mowing yards that year on this set. It was like an addiction! LOL

Chasing the gold foil cards was a ton of fun. As soon as I had the cash I road my bike up to Wal-Mart and bought as many jumbo packs as I could.

• stevebaystevebay Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    I bought a full 12 box case, and didn't hit the Schmidt auto. Has some pretty good minor league rookies (Chipper, Pedro Martinez, Jim Thome, Ivan Rodriguez, and I believe Manny Ramirez)
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Never have pulled a Schmidt auto from these, nor ever heard of anyone doing it.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I spent every penny I made from mowing yards that year on this set. It was like an addiction! LOL

Chasing the gold foil cards was a ton of fun. As soon as I had the cash I road my bike up to Wal-Mart and bought as many jumbo packs as I could. >>

We've all probably experienced similar situations with different sets. Mine was 1987 Topps baseball. Do you still have the cards?
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I spent every penny I made from mowing yards that year on this set. It was like an addiction! LOL

Chasing the gold foil cards was a ton of fun. As soon as I had the cash I road my bike up to Wal-Mart and bought as many jumbo packs as I could. >>

We've all probably experienced similar situations with different sets. Mine was 1987 Topps baseball. Do you still have the cards? >>

Only the star cards. I threw out all of my baseball and basketball commons a few years ago.

We used to go to Tinker Field to watch the minor league games so I got really into those cards. Watching Frank Thomas play and seeing Ryan Klesko blast a 500+ foot home run were the highlights.

• yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    One of my best friends pulled a Schmidt auto from a box. Saw it with my own eyes. Man, was I jealous LOL So they are in there.
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I set up at a show in the mid 90's in Columbia TN. Dad came with me to help out when I need a break for lunch or whatever...he would get bored and go buy a box to rip. He opened two boxes that weekend. The 1991 Classic where he pulled the Schmidt auto and the 1993 Classic Best where he pulled the Bonds auto. I could probably spend the rest of my life and never pull a two for two like that
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
    That's a great story. I never did focus on this set in the 1990s. Looking forward to working on it now.
  • FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 2098 more Schmidt auto's to track down!
    It looks like you can get a #/2100 for about $50-$75 off ebay.
    Opened up a box of these tonight. Nice trip down memory lane with some of the players. No Schmidt auto, but the collation on this box was excellent. Only missing 18 cards out of the set from just one box. Amazing!