Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Anyone buy anything from the Law Collection of Mexican coins?

Auctioned last night Heritage ?

A lot of the coins were top pops!
I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    Darn tootin!

I purchased the Mexico 1820 1/2 reale PCGS-64. It appeared nicely toned with desirable surfaces and hopefully nice luster. Obviously, I had some competition, but it looks like a keeper.

Yes, I agree, many condition census examples.
    Persuing choice countermarked coinage on 2 reales.

Enjoyed numismatic conversations with Eric P. Newman, Dave Akers, Jules Reiver, David Davis, Russ Logan, John McCloskey, Kirk Gorman, W. David Perkins...
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was tracking a couple, but bid on none.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bot about 10 coins most of which were top pops...fwiw!image
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    Wow! Nice going. Sounds like you cleaned up. Does anyone know how long the "Law collection" was assembling the collection?

Enjoyed numismatic conversations with Eric P. Newman, Dave Akers, Jules Reiver, David Davis, Russ Logan, John McCloskey, Kirk Gorman, W. David Perkins...
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow! Nice going. Sounds like you cleaned up. Does anyone know how long the "Law collection" was assembling the collection? >>

The Law collector is a long time American collector from Phily area. He had a serious US collection, specializing in small cents and competed with Stewie Blay. He also recently sold his GB stuff through HA in the NYINC 2015 auction. (I won some of his GB stuff.) I guess he is finally retiring. He's a nice man.

And in case it wasn't obvious to everyone, the "Law Collection" guy was a lawyer.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missed this one...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this thread yet miss images.
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't get too excited about pop tops in Mexican coins. Probably 90% of the good coins in collections are as yet unslabbed.

Give it 20 more years until all the good coins get auctioned before more than 50% get slabbed.
  • Options
    I do agree with Pruebas, but it hopefully it is easier on the pocketbook to pay years earlier for choice high grade examples now while prices are somewhat reasonable, although it can be a double edge gamble.

Time will tell.