Home Precious Metals
Options

Some gold chart analysis for those interested.

cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is not my work and I have no affiliation with the author. Im just passing along for those who may be interested in technical analysis to see how it is applied by others. For the record, I do not endorse the authors opinion at this time.

http://stockcharts.com/articles/dont_ignore_this_chart/2015/02/gold-gets-a-dp-trend-model-sell-signal.html
Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been calling for lower PMs based on oil weakness and dollar index strength.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoops. wrong thread. Carry on. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "This is very bearish."
    Thanks for the heads up….will now definitely avoid the eBay dealer specials on gold that will surely appear again soon.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>"This is very bearish."
    Thanks for the heads up….will now definitely avoid the eBay dealer specials on gold that will surely appear again soon. >>

I didnt say I agree with the article. Different folks have different technical analysis methods and thats why I posted a link, to illustrate another interpretation. Here is my chart. I wont go bearish until the horizontal blue line is broken. I will be very bullish if the downtrend line is broken.

• Options
    "another interpretation" is why chart reading is not much different than reading tea leaves. Good new is at least one of the interpretations might be right. Feelin' lucky?

Chart trends are trends until very suddenly they are not.

• Options

<< <i>"another interpretation" is why chart reading is not much different than reading tea leaves. Good new is at least one of the interpretations might be right. Feelin' lucky?

Chart trends are trends until very suddenly they are not. >>

The difference is time frames. Just like someone saying "there's going to be a stock market crash" or "silver is going to $100". Without the context of time such pronouncements are foolhardy at best.

• Options

<< <i>"another interpretation" is why chart reading is not much different than reading tea leaves. Good new is at least one of the interpretations might be right. Feelin' lucky?

Interesting comment from someone who post lots of graphs and charts.

• Options

<< <i>

Interesting comment from someone who post lots of graphs and charts. >>

I like to share all kinds of opinions, not just my own. image
    Here's one I posted a while back. Pick your tea leaf.

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    The more lines and "trends" a chart has = less validity
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>The more lines and "trends" a chart has = less validity >>

That's my point. they all have multiple lines and trends, you only are shown the ones that fit the story.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The more lines and "trends" a chart has = less validity >>

That's my point. they all have multiple lines and trends, you only are shown the ones that fit the story. >>

Its my f----in story so Ill write it the way I want. Just as some see a house as ugly others may find it attractive. Most people cant read charts anyway which makes them so much more beautiful to me.

I often find it humorous when someone posts a chart and comments on how beautiful it is. Like takin candy from a baby.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Interesting comment from someone who post lots of graphs and charts. >>

I like to share all kinds of opinions, not just my own. image
    Here's one I posted a while back. Pick your tea leaf.

image >>

Seems my tea leaf reading is much better than yours...just like everything else. LOL

• Options

<< <i>Seems my tea leaf reading is much better than yours...just like everything else. LOL >>

You know what they say about opinions. Everybody's got one. Don't let your ego write checks it can't cash.

edited to add:

Question: I have yet to ever see you and Baley logged in at the same time. Do you guys have a set schedule?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Seems my tea leaf reading is much better than yours...just like everything else. LOL >>

You know what they say about opinions. Everybody's got one. Don't let your ego write checks it can't cash. >>

Interesting advice. image