Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Nerva Didrachm

Here is a coin I have had for about a month now and figured it was time to share. image

Nerva (96 -98 A.D.)
AR Didrachm
Cappadocia, Caesarea
O AVTOKPAT NEPOYAC KAICAP CEBACTOC YΠAT Γ, laurate head right.
R: CEBACTOY TYXH, Tyche standing left holding rudder in right hand and cornucopiae in left.
Cappadocia, Caesarea 97 A.D.
20mm
6.7g
Sydenham 150

Comments

• Options

good stuff

I just picked up a Titus elephant denarius that I'm happy enough with to complete the 12 caesars set (not that upgrades won't take place) so it'll be time to head into these adoptive emperors pretty soon, and then onto the year of 5 emperors image
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

good stuff

I just picked up a Titus elephant denarius that I'm happy enough with to complete the 12 caesars set (not that upgrades won't take place) so it'll be time to head into these adoptive emperors pretty soon, and then onto the year of 5 emperors image >>

Congrats. Ive always liked that type but never could justify the price most go for.

The adoptive era is my favorite. Plentiful, lots of variety, good silver.

Good luck on the 5 emperors, that will be tough. Even hardcore collectors dont have that complete.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, the Nerva you, buyin' that! image

Nice provincial silver. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Cool coin! I'm loving your new enthusiasm for silver provincial coins.
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Nice coin Mat. I am looking for a nice Nerva denarius as well. I have a bronze piece but I have a hankerin for some silver.