Home Autographs Forum

Sharpie question

If you send a pic to be autographed by a former President do you include the sharpie or do you ask for them to use one?

Comments

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sending a Sharpie shouldn't be necessary. The chances of receiving an authentic signature are pretty slim in the first place due to the volume of mail our ex-Presidents receive. In the event that your letter would actually generate a response I would expect that they would have the proper signing instrument already at their disposal. Good luck!
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    whats best or preferred...sharpie or ball point? in reg to fading, presentation, desirability etc
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I thought the glass and the paper had more to do with fading than the ink. Do sharpies fade?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think sharpie ink fades on its own.
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I like Staedtler pens for autographs......
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • achteyachtey Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    I've been collecting for almost 20 years and can count on one hand how many times I've sent a sharpie to someone to sign with and that was only because I wanted a certain ink on the item. Most have sharpies to use. But as stated before, presidents are way hard to track down and get a genuine autograph but good luck. you never know.
    The world meets no one half way. If you want it you have to go get it.