Home U.S. Coin Forum

Paypall needs my help for Case ID Number: PP-509-716-009-251

From helpsevice@paypall.com

----------------------------------------------------------------
We need your help
----------------------------------------------------------------

We emailed you a little while ago to ask for your help resolving an issue with your PayPal account. Your account is still temporarily limited because we haven't heard from you.

We understand it may be frustrating not to have full access to your PayPal account. We want to work with you to get your account back to normal as quickly as possible.

Case ID Number: PP-509-716-009-251
How you can help :

Just click on the link that leads to xblib.com and they'll get my PalPall account unlocked image

Comments

• AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    What could possibly go wrong!?image
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a phishing email to me... image
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forward it to spoof@paypal.com. I've been getting this BS daily for a couple of weeks. The scammers must have got a hold of a lot of our email addresses somehow. I just forward it right to Paypal to handle.
  • "So we can unlock your account, please furnish your ss#, your mother's maiden name, your address, etc.."
  • Domain: http://www.xblib.com/x.htmIP address: 117.141.122.149 China
    System: Win 2003Web server: IIS/6.0Notifier stats
    This is a CACHE (mirror) page of the site when it was saved by our robot on 2015-02-04 09:14:59

It does state that their system was hacked so not sure if they are a handling service for PayPal and others so I would change paswords etc and do a good scan of your computer for malware etc....
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Ummm...it's from PayPALL not PayPal

Might be a clueimage
  • BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭
    That is apPALLing
    Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.

<< <i>It does state that their system was hacked so not sure if they are a handling service for PayPal and others so I would change paswords etc and do a good scan of your computer for malware etc.... >>

Wow! If I did that for every spoof PayPal (or Pall), FedEx, Bank, UPS, and most recently Warren Buffet's request for my info email I got I would be doing it as a full time job.

Just ignore it, delete it and move on.
  • brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone needs better Spam detection in their inbox. These go straight to my Spam box in gmail.
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Someone needs better Spam detection in their inbox. These go straight to my Spam box in gmail. >>

Yup. Unfortunately Spammers know the law of numbers. If you blast out 10 million spoof emails and 5 people click on it and you get the information of two of those people, your effort has paid off.

<< <i>The scammers must have got a hold of a lot of our email addresses somehow. >>

eMail addresses are easy to get ahold of and especially it's a part of a service like hotmail or gmail they can and do just make up letter and number combinations and there's a good chance of a hit.

<< <i>Someone needs better Spam detection in their inbox. These go straight to my Spam box in gmail. >>

Over the last two days I had 148 spam emails in my Yahoo account which I only use for things like subscriptions and non-important stuff etc. My Comcast email address is for normal use PayPal, banking etc. and I had 2...Gmail is only for my personal communication with friends (I use this mainly) and I haven't had one there for a long time.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Forward it to spoof@paypal.com. I've been getting this BS daily for a couple of weeks. The scammers must have got a hold of a lot of our email addresses somehow. I just forward it right to Paypal to handle. >>

one cant be none to safe these days.
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again ??? :-(
    Timbuk3
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, they are often asking me for help as well.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file