Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sports Illustrated for Kids Cards

Has anyone graded a lot of these? How did you break them apart and which cards are actually worth grading if any? Just found a large stack of unseparated sheets ad do not know what to do with them
Registry Sets:
T222's PSA 1 or better

Comments

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    The 1996 tiger woods card is prob the most valuable one even in mid grade. There might be a few other star cards (griffey, jordan ect.. ) that are valuable in high grade but I'll let the player set collectors comment on the specifics. 2008 usain bolt is a nice rookie but don't think it's very valuable.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    The Tiger Woods card has dropped significantly in value over the years.

Player collectors will pay decent coin for PSA 10s, but not much else. I think a Mike Schmidt PSA 10 recently sold for over $275- (I didn't buy it...); it was a Pop 1. But PSA 9s are under $25-

You separate them by folding gently and tearing, like most perforated issues.

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. Is there any real value to keeping the sheets intact and not separating them to grade? I saw a tony hawk psa 8 sold for 25 bucks so it seems like you really have to look at the pop report and find some that have not popped a psa 10 yet.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you fold them in both directions. If not you will get paper loss.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just received a few of the 9/95 SIFK issues and took a crack a separating them. Any thoughts on grades and/or which ones would be worth grading? I am horrible at figuring out what they look for in perforated cards. The only one of these that have any examples graded is the Eddie Murray with a total Pop of 1. Should I attempt to use tweezers to remove the excess paper on the upper right corner of the Larkin or leave it be?
    Also included on the sheet were Horace Grant, Melisa Moses, and Sherri Slone. I've never seen an example of the Larkin without the PD across the top, and many have a streak along the bottom as well so I would be OK with an 8 or 9 w/qualifier.
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    Leave the perforation as it. I wouldn't wanna risk the chance of paper loss or a trimmed label.

I'm no judge of grading these either. I mailed in my Tiger Woods card, and a Bryce Harper card from when he was in the minors. I'd mail in your Larkin for obvious reasons though. Then maybe you can use that to compare for your other ones. I have no idea what value any of those cards hold or any other key cards to look for outside of the Tiger card.

My dad's a dentist and used to get SI for Kids mailed to his office. Every month he'd bring home the cards for me so I have quite a lot. Wish I still had the Tony Hawk and Mat Hoffman, but being a skater/bmx in high school I ripped those out and kept em in my wallet.
  • Options
    I had hundreds of these and I'm really bumed that I don't anymore. You should definitely sub the Larkin.
  • Options
    testing one two testing