Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

WHERE ARE ALL THE BUFFALO NICKEL COLLECTORS ON THE FORUM???

Hi All,
Now that I have a buffalo nickel reg. set I have noticed that there is very little talk of Buffalo nickels and even less of these coins offered on the boards than most!!: ( Whats up with the pcgs board collectors on a series that is gaining pistol hot trading in high grades and always ever so popular!!!
cladmakerimage

Comments

• Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    Buffalo what? We don't really collect those modern silver commems.image. Wait can you fish with them?

Greg
  • Options
    keithdagenkeithdagen Posts: 2,025
    We only allow Type collectors or guys who like to fish around here. image And the fish guys are suspicious. image

Nice set of Buffalos. Not sure where the other setholders are. I can't remember seeing many of them post since this board was created.
    Keith ™

• Options
    Hey, I'm working on Buffalos, too, although I'm at a measly 9% complete right now. I have a few more purchases coming up here shortly... (I'm switching to Buffalos for now...Lincolns were getting too pricey for me!)
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping they were all over on the Coin Forum evaluating my new Buffalo purchase...

peacockcoins

• Options
    I am number 15 but my first passion are those famous fishing lures...Mercury Dimes, currently 7th...image
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    Hey Mastahanky (Dave)
    (I'm switching to Buffalos for now...Lincolns were getting too pricey for me!)
    Watch the heritage longbeach auction on buffaloesimage You should see some
    outrageous prices they will bring. I have been paying good money (well over grey sheet or blue sheet) for some of my upgrades and
    most of what i need is going for stupid (crazy) money over grey sheet or blue sheet. some examples
    are 1,000.00 and more over sheet!!! And that may be be the case on a coin that blue sheet bids 800.00 to 1300.00 in ms 66 or ms 67!
    This was not the case a 3/4 of a year ago and earlier.
    cladmaker
  • Options
    Over Greysheet is the common plague on all coins except for gold, Peace dollars and classics (all the things that I collect). They are soft right now.
    I have never seen a Peace Dollar that I did not like!!
  • Options
    Braddick,

I was over in the coin forum admiring your new purchase. That is a beautiful coin.

Frank
  • Options
    Back in the days when I was a buying machine I started a set of MS 66 Buffalos. When I realized I could never duplicate Eliasberg I decided to focus on other things. So I never registered my few buffs.

One of my favorite coins is a proof Buffalo, in fact I've made it my icon for now. I am looking for a Type 1 proof. I think these are very beautiful coins!
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised by the lack of comments from collectors of Buffaloes, Jeffersons, Washingtons, and Morgans in particular. Are these folks just adding pieces at a slower pace than the Lincoln, Merc, and Type crowds, or just not as sociable? image I'd include Walkers in that group, too, but I think we'll see more comments from them when PCGS begins registries for Walker short sets.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!