Home Sports Talk
Options

Warren Sapp fired for assault and prostitution.

seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
Was in phoenix and 2 prostitutes called the police from his hotel room for assault over pricing.
Now has been fired from NFL network.

Makes me think he gets a job a ESPN next year.

This is the guy who declared bankruptcy, but when he had to surrender his available assets..."oops, someone stole my Superbowl rings."
Think he "found" them years later. Whew.

Kind of guy you'd just love for your daughter to bring home.
Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image

Comments

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Heard about this on the radio on the drive home. I lived in Tampa when he played there in his heyday, and not many of the fans really liked him even then. From what I heard, both anecdotal stories on the radio back then, as well as at least one direct experience from a coworker, he was a royal tool to any fan who dared try to say hi or ask for an autograph or a pic. And this is from people who just happened to see him out somewhere. The coworker said he and his buddies saw him someplace by chance, maybe a gas station, and he acted like they were trying to rob him or something. All they wanted was to say hi, say how good of a player he was, etc.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did he assault the john when the guy refused to pay for services rendered?

If I'm hiring a prostitute I don't want one that looks like Warren Sapp.

• Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    On his football card, it used to read "Warren Sapp, DT". Now it reads "Warren Sapp, DTF".
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    It's no secret down here in Tampa/St Pete that Sapp is a giant db. He's always been that way.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean this wasn't part of the Tampa Bay Buc "Up for Whatever" promo?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>You mean this wasn't part of the Tampa Bay Buc "Up for Whatever" promo? >>

Nope. He was apparently too busy cruising Dale Mabry Highway for hookers lol.
  • Options
    Guys from Tampa and FLA, let's here some of those stories. Although I'm sure imwouldnt be surprised anymore. You mean he's not that fun loving jokester on NFL network?
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like he has mental problems. He wasted all his money and declared BK... and now he is still wasting money bringing two hookers back to his room... with just a little work he could pick up a couple women in the hotel bar!
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Never has been an outstanding citizen....lost a pretty good job!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    I have a lawn/landscape biz down here in the Tampa Bay area. I deal with many vendors and other biz owners involved in the same field. That said, invites to parties and free tickets to games are plentiful. Back in the early 2000's I attended a party and lots of the Buccaneer players were there. Sapp was there acting like a gigantic tool degrading some women right in front of everyone. I couldn't believe what he was saying to them especially since he didn't even know them.

Warrick Dunn, who was also there, saw the incident and pulled me and a few other guys aside. He went on to say that Sapp is the very definition of :insert N word here: and that he is a giant bigot. On the other end of the spectrum, Dunn is probably one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of talking with.
  • Options
    Glad to here that about Dunn. I've always heard he's a class act. But have never met him.
    Funny though, I've never heard any good things about Sapp. Just his little jolly routine he does when the spot light is on him. also, its peculiar that no sport writers or hosts have come to his defense.
  • Options
    Blame it on concussions.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Nothing but a jerk!!!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)