Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

So I I answered the NorthEast Numismatics email....

Fair warning, this is not a serious post (though factually accurate).

All one had to do for a $500 coupon was EXACTLY predict the score. I had Seahawks 31, Patriots 28.

Why was that ball put in the air in that last play???? Somebody call me a WAAAambulance. I could have had fun at NEN with $500!

That is all.

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had NE27 SEA17

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    35 -17 Seattle image

That sure was fun though.
    Thanks NEN for the free Action. image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To give you some indication of how interesting I find football, I couldn't have even told you who was playing.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    I must admit, I watched the final quarter or so.

This always makes me chuckle:
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To give you some indication of how interesting I find football, I couldn't have even told you who was playing. >>

That would be my more normal response (I generally only pay attention to college games) but this year when NEN offered the prize money for a guess, that is exactly what I did. A completely WAG, that was ALMOST a winner. image.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>To give you some indication of how interesting I find football, I couldn't have even told you who was playing. >>

That would be my more normal response (I generally only pay attention to college games) but this year when NEN offered the prize money for a guess, that is exactly what I did. A completely WAG, that was ALMOST a winner. image. >>

True 'dat. Had I known there was some coin competition in the mix (especially $500 from NEN!), I probably would've taken an interest long enough to make a WAG, myself. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    I got the team right, the point differential right, and one of the numbers right... just not the other one. I had it 24-20 NE rather than 28-24.
  • Options
    nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    We surprisingly had 15 entries who guessed the exact final score. Thanks to everyone who participated!

I wasn't very close with my guess of New England 55 Seattle 7. : )
  • Options

<< <i>We surprisingly had 15 entries who guessed the exact final score. Thanks to everyone who participated!

I wasn't very close with my guess of New England 55 Seattle 7. : ) >>

Madden NFL knew the teams and the exact score way back in August of 2014!

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    15 exact guesses? Yikes! Okay, help me out here...my husband and I were 'debating'. Did EVERYONE with the perfect score get the big prize, or did the perfect score make you merely ELIGIBLE for the prize? He thinks like a lawyer and I think like a dreamer...I still think handing the ball to Lynch would have gotten me the prize image

Pokermandude, that is a funny picture by the way. I'm going to use the word 'hand-egg' in the future.

• Options
    Unfortunately, there were four people who guessed it exactly and who did not win a prize. We awarded one $500 gift certificate and ten $50 gift certificates. The winners were based on the order in which their entries were received.

I didn't realize that the Madden simulation was run back before the season started. Wow!
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris, how many entries were there? If you don't want to answer, what percent of the total got it right? image

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    We had a little over 400 entries. We were certainly pleased with the amount of interest in the contest! (Not nearly as pleased as we were with the outcome of the game, of course.)