Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official Super Bowl XLIX Game Day Thread........

Super Bowl Game Discussion, Let's get it on !

Comments

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Seattle 28 New England 24

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    New England 31, Seattle 19

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    NE 3 SEA 2.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawks 24 Pats 20

Glick falls asleep midway thru the 3rd quarter..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I'm glad to see Bill Vinovich doing the coin toss......what a pro.

• Options
    The Dad commercials are killing me. image

• Options
    Just as I predicted at half time. Now I predict Katy Perry will have a wardrobe malfunction.

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    that was awesome! i wanna giant tiger for the backyard! image
  • Options
    Just Like I called it 28-24 !

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    Seahawk fans have got to be sick. One of the DUMBEST play calls in Super Bowl history!!
    RUN THE BALL!!!
    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    zendudezendude Posts: 208 ✭✭

Unreal. The Seahawk coaching staff lost this game. Who doesn't give the ball to Beast Mode on the 1 yard line. The ending defied any reasonable play calling logic. They gave it away.
  • Options
    Absolutely horrific play call. Unbelievable.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seattle didn't deserve to be there anyway! Glad they lost!
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    One of the best games I've seen played. Was completely on the edge of my seat the entire time. Except for that knot head Irvin starting the ruckus towards the end, hats off to both teams.
  • Options

<< <i>One of the best games I've seen played. Was completely on the edge of my seat the entire time. Except for that knot head Irvin starting the ruckus towards the end, hats off to both teams. >>

+1

Tremendous game.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Great game. Definitely questionable call at the end regarding run vs pass.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the other boneheaded moves. Pats are barely ahead of the goal line with 20 seconds left after the INT...Seattle still has a chance (admittedly slim, but still a chance) for a safety and ensuing free kick. What do they do? First...encroachment. Gives NE 5 more yards breathing room. Second- thug time gives NE another 15, an easy kneel down and the game. All I'm saying is-Don't put it all on the coach.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't forget the other boneheaded moves. Pats are barely ahead of the goal line with 20 seconds left after the INT...Seattle still has a chance (admittedly slim, but still a chance) for a safety and ensuing free kick. What do they do? First...encroachment. Gives NE 5 more yards breathing room. Second- thug time gives NE another 15, an easy kneel down and the game. All I'm saying is-Don't put it all on the coach. >>

Actually, I do. This lack of discipline is an exact reflection on the coach and the style he's chosen to lead his team. Carrol's allowed this type of maverick behavior because it's worked for him, but sometimes it backfires. You take the bad with the good.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't forget the other boneheaded moves. Pats are barely ahead of the goal line with 20 seconds left after the INT...Seattle still has a chance (admittedly slim, but still a chance) for a safety and ensuing free kick. >>

Come on, what are the chances that Seattle recovers an on-side kick in a big game? That would never hap....

Never mind!
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Microphone picked up this from Gisele to Tom:

"Psst.... You are SO getting some tonight"

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    before the encroachment call has anyone said what the Pats were planning to do on this play? Take a knee or run it? I'll be willing to bet they weren't going to pass it.image