Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just bought a beautiful 1956 raw set (Other grades popped)

Sending in the Robinson, Aaron, Clemente, Berra, Rizzuto, Mantle, and Yankees team express level tomorrow morning. I think all should grade at least 7's with most having a shot at an 8. I'll post results and pictures upon their return. Haven't been this excited for a sub in a long time. Lots of other cards that I will be sending in but wanted to start with the higher dollar cards that were the highest grades in my opinion.

[URL=http://s815.photobucket.com/user/kgibran/media/scan0001_zpsdhfmhzfx.jpg.html]image[/URL]
[URL=http://s815.photobucket.com/user/kgibran/media/scan0002_zps8oygakja.jpg.html]image[/URL]
[URL=http://s815.photobucket.com/user/kgibran/media/scan0003_zpsmq3ubpzz.jpg.html]image[/URL]
[URL=http://s815.photobucket.com/user/kgibran/media/scan0004_zpsegdjpmmq.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Nice score. Most of the set in the 6-8 grade range?
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Stop teasing us and post some pics now before you send em off--i love seeing high grade raw cards before they end up in holders!! image
  • Options
    wrightywrighty Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry those 7 are all packaged up and the box taped off.
  • Options
    If the Yankees team card is well-centered and gets a 7 or 7.5- and you're looking to sell it- hit me up.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options

Quick iPad photo, not a good picture but wanted to share.

[URL=http://s815.photobucket.com/user/kgibran/media/image.jpg1_zpsvzk4xmh6.jpg.html]image[/URL]

• Options
    LOVE that set! Congrats on the great pickup!
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    SpahnfanSpahnfan Posts: 412 ✭✭
    Walter, I sent you a PM.
    Registry sets:
    1954 Topps BB
    1955 Bowman BB
    1956 Topps Super BB
    1957 Topps BB
    1969 Topps BB
    1984 Donruss BB
    1961 Fleer W.S. Pennants
    1960-62 Fleer Team Logo Decals Run
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Congats. Great looking set. Please cont to post
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    First grades are in 1st post.
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    still a pretty nice score on the mick in a 7

great looking cards - i'm down to my final two cards to complete a fully graded set in 6/7
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I hope you subbed the Kaline, it's gorgeous!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    That Mantle is a great hit!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    NEAR MINT 7 1956 Topps 135 Mickey Mantle Gray Back Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1956 Topps 251 Yankees Team Card

WOW, now THAT'S some nice coin! (I guess depends on what you paid for the set.) CONGRATS!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Yes I bought the set in person. It is an original one owner set. Very happy with the mantle and Yankees team, I thought the Berra was the strongest card of the bunch, shows how much I know. Excited to see what the next 15 cards grade. I plan on going through the set again this weekend to get some more prepped for submission.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    I would send the Robinson in again if I were you. Given that the others were legit, I think it has a good shot to get graded a second time around.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I would send the Robinson in again if I were you. Given that the others were legit, I think it has a good shot to get graded a second time around. >>

+1 and best of luck. That set must look AMAZING in person.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice job on the grades. The Koufax well centered is tough to find that way. Good luck with your grades and thanks for showing them. Doug
  • Options
    Great score love the set. Building mine slowly but surely. Let's see more!
    I'm yur guy for centered commoms if you look to break it up.
  • Options
    Cards in hand pictures up.
  • Options
    New grades just posted.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. How do you think you made out on the set overall? Maybe there are still some low pop commons that can be subbed as well?
  • Options
    Thanks to the Mantle 7, and the Yankees Team 8, I will make out okay with the set. There are still a number of strong commons that I would like to send off but the three "strongest" cards in the set that I have sent off so far in my opinion were the Berra, Martin, and the Harmon, all of those came back as 7's so now I'm second guessing myself about sending others in.