Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1837 Token IL HT-M19 Copper C.D. Peakock PCGS AU-58 @ GC

Comments

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS should not date these as 1837 on the holder as that was just the establishment date of C.D. Pearooster Jewelers since these where struck between 1900-1906.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS should not date these as 1837 on the holder as that was just the establishment date of C.D. Pearooster Jewelers since these where struck between 1900-1906. >>

Thank you for using my for sale post to notify the world wide numismatic community it is apparently worth nothing.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS should not date these as 1837 on the holder as that was just the establishment date of C.D. Pearooster Jewelers since these where struck between 1900-1906. >>

These comments should be made in private. You're not the BST police.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    okiedudeokiedude Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Interesting, they are still in business!
    Due to the nature of their name, CU won't let me post a link to the company-oops!
    It has a "forbidden" word in the name-LOL!
    Google them.
    Still a cool token. it's not worthless. There is a NGC AU58 slab out there for sale right now at $325, and it notes the correct production date on the slab. (I hope that doesn't upset anybody.)
    Kind of like most Washington tokens/cents/medals that are dated in the late 1700's were actually struck around 1820.
    BST with: Oldhobo, commoncents05, NoLawyer, AgentJim007, Bronzemat, 123cents, Lordmarcovan, VanHalen, ajaan, MICHAELDIXON, jayPem and more!
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Thank you for using my for sale post to notify the world wide numismatic community it is apparently worth nothing. >>

image how about a nice hawaiian bump for the poke in the eye image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoCalBigMark, Sorry it was early and I had a lot of tabs open but was sure I was writing that as a PM image

Not worthless in fact any token with the "Time Is Money" slogan has gone nuclear in recent years.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!