Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

A little piece of wrestling history, thrilled to have all these slabbed!

I must say that having these back in PSA slabs was about the most fun I've had in a while. If people do not know much on Gotch and Hackenschmidt it is worth the read. I have all 16 in the series and they are not all easy to find. Instantly one of my very favorite PSA sets in my entire collection AS IS.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Those are amazing Rob! Congrats!
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrific !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Those are neat. Congrats!
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Those are amazing Rob! Congrats! >>

I got these slabbed under the January special and it seems like a true bargain to have so many great early wrestling cards in slabs. I am super stoked to have these with PSA. I was able to (barely) put together 25 cards to make it happen.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff. Always good to see some vintage wrestling.
    the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Rob,

Congrats on getting the entire set slabbed. I know how much you like wrestling in general and in particular, Gotch. Hope you continue to enjoy them in the future as much as you do now.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>Rob,

Congrats on getting the entire set slabbed. I know how much you like wrestling in general and in particular, Gotch. Hope you continue to enjoy them in the future as much as you do now. >>

I am pretty happy and thought of making a few upgrades and went to ebay but none of the 16 cards are on ebay now so that will just have to wait for a while. Thanks for the comments guys!

<< <i>Great stuff. Always good to see some vintage wrestling. >>

This set went live today so I added it to all the other wrestling sets I have going on. I think that Knapp may want to add his cards too! image
  • FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    Now that's the way wrestling should be. Very cool stuff.
  • oddityoddity Posts: 124 ✭✭

So, who was the better wrestler, Gotch or Hackenschmidt?

(Great collection, BTW)

<< <i>So, who was the better wrestler, Gotch or Hackenschmidt?

(Great collection, BTW) >>

I consider Gotch the absolute best, but Hackenschmidt is right there, both guys are clearly legends in the sport.