Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

BBCE wrapped boxes - factory sealed?

So I started collecting wax and cello boxes around a year or so ago. nothing major, just grabbing a box here or there. i just recently ordered from BBCE, grabbed a few boxes and made sure they were all wrapped. I really like the way these boxes look in his wrap. i have several boxes that are factory sealed (mid 90s and more recent). ive talked to Steve over at BBCE and he said he'd wrap them if i wanted ( i am planning on ordering stuff anyway in the next few weeks). so my question is - what are your thoughts on having factory sealed boxes wrapped by BBCE ? i think im going to do it for boxes im keeping in my PC because i like all the boxes to look the "same". second question - do you think it helps any on the market value? would you pay more for a bbce wrapped factory sealed box vs just a factory sealed box?

Comments

• vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Personally, I wouldn't pay to do it, and I wouldn't pay more for it.

The exception might be if labeled FASC, for assurance that you're not buying the box after the big hits been pulled from case.

So if I had a full case that I was intending to break and sell...maybe...thinking I might get it back by giving a buyer peace of mind...but once you're talking fees and shipping on a case, you're not likely to get the premium back.

If purely for your own aesthetics, all good...but not for profit.

My 2 cents.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What vintage fun said. Also, I'd do it if the factory wrap was clear and didn't have branding or logos.