Home U.S. Coin Forum

I want to fire the mint in 1838

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
for putting stars on the neat half dime and dime with NO stars.

I...like....no stars.

Comments

• rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a chisel and start scraping, then...image
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As irritating as the addition of the stars are, the different rendition of Miss Liberty with her overly large melon was even worse.
  • 410a410a Posts: 1,325
    ahhhhhhhhaaaa .......I like that "overly large melon" I own two 1838-O No stars dimes........I don't know why. I guess I just could not make up my mind which was nicer. Both PCGS EF 45
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question is, after doing a No Stars Seated dollar in 1836 and the No Stars Seated half dime and dime in 1837, why did they add stars to the Seated quarter of 1838 after already shipping No Stars half dime and dime dies to New Oreleans?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always liked the no stars design better myself.
  • ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    if you build the time machine back to 1838 ill be happy to go back and fire all of them, anyone want any souveniers while im there ?
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file