Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Cranston show

Anyone going to the cranston show tomorrow?????

Comments

• TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there in about an hour with my son. We'll be set up in the middle of the main room with a table full of mostly vintage sets.

If you brave the cold and come, stop by and say hello!
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Topps29Topps29 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    How was the show? Any good pick-ups/ deals?
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    How was the show? Any good pick-ups/ deals?

I didn't make I was wondering the same thing.
  • TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    It was pretty good. Tables sold out, attendance was a little stronger than last year. Memorabilia (especially Patriots stuff) was selling well.

The dealer next to me had a 1964 Topps Giants set with 48 of the 60 cards autographed, including a PSA/DNAed Robert Clemente; a few of the dealers showed interested, but no deal was consummated.

I sold some 1970s hockey and baseball sets. I also had some off-condition sets--1954-55 Topps Hockey, 1957-58 Topps Basketball, and 1961-62 Fleer Basketball--that I thought I would sell, but ended up taking home.

I bought a few small things, including a 1968 Tony Conigliaro SI Poster for $10.

Saw a few board members, including flatfoot and californiacards.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the time at the show. I always buy a bowman sterling baseball box from 2 older ladies there. Every year for past 11. In '06 I ripped it and got great Kershaw card. Black Refractor auto--#23 of 25. PSA -9 slabbed now. So I bought another this year and intend to rip.

Also talked to Scott--dropthepuck20--who has amazing unopened stuff. Bought a PSA-9 '61 cello to add to my registry set
  • I'm originally from RI. One of these years I'll go to that show and meet a few of you.