Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

When Poppage Happens?

I'm sure there are others like me that start to go crazy on F5 when they feel that Poppage is close. To save some sanity, I'm wondering if some of you more experienced members can share when we should cool it on the F5....for example, do items ever pop on weekends? Do they ever pop after 5pm PST? Is there a pretty consistent window when Poppage shows up (e.g. Mon - Fri from 9am to 3pm PST)?

Thanks Fellas

Comments

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    Nothing set in stone but generally late in the day up to 8PM ET. I have had some early morning poppage, probably leftover from the day before. I have had a couple pop on Saturday but never on Sunday.
  • Options
    A cool thing that I've noticed with my last few subs is that I get a notification on my iPhone that there has been a charge to my amex that I have linked to Apple Pay. This is the same card I use to pay PSA. I get a little notice on my lock screen and immediately check the website and my grades up. I still refresh the website like an idiot sometimes though. If you've got a newer iPhone with Apple Pay setup, give it a try.

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

• Options

<< <i>A cool thing that I've noticed with my last few subs is that I get a notification on my iPhone that there has been a charge to my amex that I have linked to Apple Pay. This is the same card I use to pay PSA. I get a little notice on my lock screen and immediately check the website and my grades up. I still refresh the website like an idiot sometimes though. If you've got a newer iPhone with Apple Pay setup, give it a try. >>

That is really smart! Great idea.

Very interested to hear others thoughts on the OP's topic!
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    [q I have had some early morning poppage, probably leftover from the day before. >>

Lol
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Hmm so you're saying that Poppage can occur on Saturdays? Damn you....
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hmm so you're saying that Poppage can occur on Saturdays? Damn you.... >>

Yes, it can! Heck, I even had poppage once on Tuesday afternoon after cutting the grassimage

But seriously, I had a sub pop some time ago on a sat.
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    I've probably sent 60 or 70 orders to PSA over the years and I've never had poppage on a Saturday. If it does happen, it has to be extremely rare.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I remember w/ PSA's early years when they didn't have on-line results.
    You knew the grades when you opened their package.
    Granted we still can do it this way if we don't check for results online.