Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay buyer to block

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
We ship everything under camera so after reviewing our tape the item was wrapped in bubble wrap then put inside the invoice then taped securely in the package which was alsoly taped shut.

Buyer claims the packaged was not damaged but empty.

Threatened negative feedback over the phone(recorded) and in ebay conversation. Also stated that if he wanted to steal from us it would have been a more expensive item.

Have fun and block away: jleo6387

PS: Ebay sided with me on the case!

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    As the economy slithers deeper into the outhouse, the Ebay experience seems to be declining in lockstep.

Glad that Ebay backed you up. Did they actually review your imaging?

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's a good process for shipping! Do you state that in the auctions/store? It might help keep some of the lowlifes away
  • Options
    Its not stated in the any of our listings, just our policy. Our ebay rep knows from prior incidences what our business practices are so they just use what they have on file. I did review the film and have copy of the tape, sorry cant share those however.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Sounds silly to me.

Your buyer didn't claim you didn't put it in there, just that it arrived empty.

Unless you film it all the way to their door, there's the possibility that somebody stole it while in transit.

I'd received a few packages marked and stamped by the PO as Delivered empty/ delivered damaged. Not to suggest that's what your buyer got but filming the package while in your possession proves nothing other than it was packaged.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unless you film it all the way to their door, there's the possibility that somebody stole it while in transit. >>

Would have had to have been a professional job as the package arrived undamaged by the buyers description.
    Possible I suppose.
  • Options
    My neighbor worked at the post office and stole all sorts of stuff. Depending on the packaging, a razor knife makes it easy to slice and retape. He got busted when he stole some melted gold then resold it at the local pawn shop. As it turned out, they were the ones that mailed it.
  • Options
    Well if it were a professional job they should find a new one as this wouldnt pay the bills.

Item value was $8.99

What made me suspicious the most is how on the phone he kept saying "its just 9 bucks man just give me a refund."

As for package being opened from the table to the door its always on camera. We have a whole sale bullion distributor in house, along with a depository with Military Grade Security so everyone and everything is being watched.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My neighbor worked at the post office and stole all sorts of stuff. Depending on the packaging, a razor knife makes it easy to slice and retape. He got busted when he stole some melted gold then resold it at the local pawn shop. As it turned out, they were the ones that mailed it. >>

Odd story. If you're looking for packages to rip, you are looking at sender's addresses for the best chances of good stuff being inside. Why would the guy take the stuff back to the place he knows mailed it unless he's colossally stupid?

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocked. Thanks.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Don't buy ebay just bash them! I see too many problems with their site.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My neighbor worked at the post office and stole all sorts of stuff. Depending on the packaging, a razor knife makes it easy to slice and retape. He got busted when he stole some melted gold then resold it at the local pawn shop. As it turned out, they were the ones that mailed it. >>

Odd story. If you're looking for packages to rip, you are looking at sender's addresses for the best chances of good stuff being inside. Why would the guy take the stuff back to the place he knows mailed it unless he's colossally stupid? >>

Well, I didn't even know he'd got busted until I read the story on this forum. He had a bunch of DUI's and thus rode a bicycle. I guess he didn't look at the from part of the package. He was charged in federal court, the USPS of course fired him but I think he only got a slap and a deferral program. I may be able to dig up the story if I can remember his full name.

Edit: I found the thread and might even bump the thread too funny:

link
  • Options

<< <i>Don't buy ebay just bash them! I see too many problems with their site. >>

I do so much more business because of ebay. I do think people have to be more careful to protect themselves from being taken advantage of, Ebay by itself cant fix stupid. So people are taken advantage of but that percentage is so small. I ship 30-50 packages a day so this happening 5 times a year is well worth the hassle. I think this year my Ebay sales should be around $750,000. Thats starting the store from scratch 2 years ago, my 5 year goal is $1million in sales.

Sadly the bulk of my sales do not come from coins but looking to turn that around.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't buy ebay just bash them! I see too many problems with their site. >>

You ONLY hear about the problems.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure glad that list is easy to find. Blocked.
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jinx its a good policy but it sounds like its happened to you more than once... I am not sure but as it happens ebay has a system in place...if it happens too many times they will just kick you off... not fair, but that is what they do...good luck
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    I dont think they mind my 5 a year out of over 10,000 packages.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buyer is in Canada. Isn't it possible that the package was opened in customs and the contents removed?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should create a list of bidders to block here someplace.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The buyer is in Canada. Isn't it possible that the package was opened in customs and the contents removed?

Wondercoin >>

I was thinking the same thing. Had this happen with Canada and Italy.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Erik
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very good chance that item was carefully removed while in transit. Can't imagine anyone risking a fraudulent claim over a $9 item.

Just out of curiosity does the name on your return address indicate coins or bullion? If so, you might consider something different.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Return address is my name with the business address so nothing related to coins.
  • Options
    Thanks I will block also. Had a guy from Malaysia try to jack me over a order with shipping under $30.00 and the bay sided with me and removed the neg hit he gave me. People do stupid stuff all the time when they think they will get away with it, like shoplifting at a dollar store.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file