Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

British India Surprise

So I was buying a bunch of date fillers for my British India because a friendly seller came across a bunch of dates in decent grades and was selling them at nice prices. I try to buy BU when I can which for the copper of British India is pretty often. But since he is also out of country, I also try to just throw in some dollar coins and what not to make the overseas shipping worthwhile for me. So I added this 1907 1/4 Anna because I needed a 1907 and it looked pretty decent overall, maybe a F from glancing at it online.

When it arrived though, the obverse was pretty normal.

But the longer I looked at the reverse, the more I could tell I was looking at something odd buried in the details of the outer design and under the denomination and date.

Besides the reverse rim ding at about 7 o'clock, I saw the image of Edward VII peeking out at me! I found my first brockage! I have never before found a brockage coin so I am pretty excited. On the obverse if you look to the 12-1 o'clock position above Edward's head, you can see faint outlines of what appears to be the foliage from the reverse side. I am not sure what that means for how the coin came about but you can see the dark image of Edward on the reverse pretty clearly once you know what you are looking for.

Any insight or confirmation on this from the more experienced brockage guys would be super helpful.

I can not get this to post. GRRRRR

Comments